Hola from Tejas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer32

Hey guys, just signed up-been reading Killbillet and HAMB off and on for a couple of years, and wondered where some of the guys from KB went. Looks like I found the place. A little about me: I've been a gearhead since I was born. I've had dozens of cars and bikes over the years. I used to race flattrack motorcycles-that's where the "racer32" comes from. After 15 years in public education I decided it was time to get back to my gearhead roots and quit teaching in September. I worked as a mechanic in an HD dealership before I finished college, worked as an auto tech before that, and painted boats for a while, too. I've always wanted to have my own bike shop, and I finally overcame the fear of the unknown/fear of failure that had been holding me back. Right now I've got a small place not far from Lake Texoma that I'm working out of. Hopefully, I can move to a bigger space with an office within a few months. I've got a few cars and bikes that I'm working on. I've been buying cars and motorcycles, fixing them up, and selling them. It's a dream job for me, but money's kind of tight. My wife has graciously given me a year to get to a point that I'm making enough money from the shop to keep the house bills paid...If not, I gotta go get another "real" job.

Welcome to RRR racer32. Yep, you found the hideout:D. I'm glad you are living your dream. I really hope that it all works out well for you. I wouldm't want you to have to go get a real job again or anything:D. Are you working on any cool bikes or rods right now?

Welcome to RRR racer32. Yep, you found the hideout:D. I'm glad you are living your dream. I really hope that it all works out well for you. I wouldm't want you to have to go get a real job again or anything:D. Are you working on any cool bikes or rods right now?

Right now I've got a SR500 Yamaha cafe racer and a rat-rodded ironhead Sportster (which I need to quit riding and just sell!) that are almost ready to go. A Honda XL-70 and Honda QA50 are next up-those I'll probably not do much to besides get them up and running. I'm learning that the more time/money I spend on the low-buck bikes the less I make when I sell. As for cars I've got a a 58 Chevy that I'm having a hard time parting with, but I'll probably have it ready go in the next week or so. This afternoon I brought home a 64 Chevy truck that runs and drives so well, and is so straight and rust-free that I may just make it my new shop truck. I've also got some bicycles that I'm putting together-rat rod bikes are something I think will be pretty popular come springtime. I'll post some pic's of my junk in the next few days.

Hey, hows it going? I remember you from Killbillit. Welcome to here.

My wife gave me a year too.:eek: Its been over 2 and I think it may be coming together:eek:..... soon.:D

Welcome!!!

Racer,
Welcome to the forum! Of course we're gonna wanna see some fotos of u're bikes & cars! We have "for sale" sections so feel free to post anything you have for sale & feel frre to join in with the rest of us!

BoB

Racer, Welcome. I'd like to see a pic of that SR500, those are nice scoots, overlooked for hotrodding, but they can be fast and handle very well. Sounds like you are on the right track. I am currently doing a 70 XS650 1B. Keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome to RRR. One of the things I hated the most when I had my 4X4 shop, was that I was fixing up rigs for myself, and kept selling them to pay the bills. When I shut down the shop, I sold the last one I had built, and put a down payment on a house. Things have changed these days, I imagine it is much harder to keep a small shop going. But I know what keeps you going.
Good luck! Glad you relocated us.

Welcome to the RRR.
I'm going through much the same thing too,its deffinatly hard to make it most of the time.but i do get to spend alote more time around my family and love to do what i fill im best at. Only thing is ,that its twice as hard to go back to a real job after you work for your self for a while and taking orders from some one else is really hard to do to.Ive been trying ever sence.
I love to see other people make it on there own though ,but around here it seems people love to see other people fail for some reason,its a small town thing i guess?I wish you the best of luck!!
I love to build metric choppers to ,so put up some 'pics' i would love to see them!

Latest posts

Back