homebuilt frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tusk

Well finally started on the frame,got a few pictures snapped of the progress so far,I'm having to document everything for the NCDMV because it will be titled as a homebuilt car,got the fox mustang rearend hung today,hopefully pictures will come tommorow of that,planning on building a '29 roadster tub from scratch out of metal,should be ready by march(fingers & toes crossed)
DSC03288.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

Kool!

Tusk,
Kool guy! I can't wait to see u're progress!!! Just b sure 2 take lots of pictures... u'll b glad u did later!!!

BoB

Well I'm finally about finished with the frame,I got the front end hung(VW,same as what Blue used) and the rear end brackets made,if i had to do it over again I wouldnt have tried to use the stk fox mustang arms and springs,I would have done a custom 4 link,but anyhow,heres the frame so far,I should post up pics this afternoon with the rear end hung and the springs installed

KFrame1.jpg

Kframe2.jpg

alien, the frame is a work of art in my eyes,the front end is out of a late 60's bug,we're getting them for a 100.00 a pop complete,ronny I'll get pics of the way we mounted the vw front end for you on monday

Well heres a few more pics of the rear suspension hung under the frame,as far as the rear goes i need to install shock mounts and cap off the right side frame tube and call it good,the spring buckets turned out better than I thought they would,more to come

KFrame4.jpg

KFrame3.jpg

looks great good job. quick question... how do you somthing like that legal? would that pass a safty?(canadian law's)

Here in NC you don't have to get your car inspected if it's 30 years old or older, so if he had an old body to drop on it and register it as, he would not need any kind of inspection..

He is going to build a body from scratch and register it as a home build car, so once the frame is done (now) he has to bring it to the DMV and have an inspector sign off on it

It varies state by state here in the US..

Not sure how it is in Canada

ya im not to shur what the laws here are i know i dont see many rat rods running around :( nice frame and good luck with the body, cant wait to see the final outcome

well it looks like i'm going to deviate from my plan also(whats up with them wilmington boys)my friend had given me a running 351w to go in my heap,well be a chevy man at heart I decided to pull the motor from the race car project that i'm building with my dad(hope he doesnt find out),i'll probably detune it a little,cam,intake and stall converter,etc,etc.In a 3200 lb car this motor ran a 7.80 and with a 100shot of NOS it ran 7.30,so it should push my (hopefully)1800 lb rod pretty well,I know it will never hook up,but it should be a blast to drive,hopefully i'll have it installed by next weekend and i'll post up pics,so then i can start building the body:D

Nice work!

I'm using a ball joint vw front end on my roadster pickup but I'm only running a 350 pound chevy v6 and it still needed coil over shocks to support the weight. A 600 pound v8 could really spell trouble.:eek:

Latest posts

Back