Hope this doesn't belong to one of you! Starting bid $28K!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rat rod? sorry it may just be me, but i would never call that a rat rod, home built hot rod maybe. it looks ok but not my cup of tea.

I know the car, and so does Gastrick. We both saw it at Turkey Run a couple of years ago, and the craftsmanship on the car is amazingly good, When I first saw it I was thinking "What the h*** is that !" But after you start looking at it you realize the guy really did some fantastic aluminum work on it.

No question it is a little strange, but anyone who fabricates cars has to respect the quality of this guys work..........the welds are perfect and everything fits like it should. Not everyones cup of tea, but he had an admiring crowd around it all night, and everyone had the same good comments to make about it. Also a very nice young guy who was willing to discuss it with everyone and explain things about it.

$28 K might be a little stretch, but scrap value on aluminum alone might be worth a big part of that. :D

Don

some of the most talented fabricators make stuff that I would never build or have. But I appreciate good fab skills no matter what the person is building. I remember one of the top metal guys for one of the top hot rod shops in cali stated that he didn't even like cars at all. [S drove a new honda civic. but he was an excellent sheet metal fabricator and could make anything you dreamed up out of metal.

Yes Don is correct. I'd have some photos to post of the details if my computer hadn't crashed and took my photos with it.

Ouch! If you still have the hard drive (and didn't reload any software on it since the crash) I may be able to get the pictures off of it. Send me a PM if you want.

Like they say, " beauty is in the eye of the beer holder " :D . No matter if it doesn't appeal to everyone, odd rods like this do catch my eye and I always seem to glean some ideas from them - or spot things I wouldn't do :rolleyes:. Is that hydraulic steering? It may be odd also but the fabric body panels are interesting, some Zeppelin tech, ha, ha.

Yeah, it is hydraulic steering.......that surprised me when I saw it too. Like I said, it isn't a car I would want to build and it is kinda strange, but I did gain a lot of appreciation for the amount of nice fabrication that went into it. Even the engine was odd, with that turbo on it.

Bill, my computer crashed a while back and I was able to retrieve about 1300 pictures by inserting a blank disc and playing with it for a while. Sometimes a computer shop can get them out too, if the ideas that maverickmk has don't work for some reason.

Don

It just shows that great fabricating skills do not always come with a great sense of what's visually appealing.
That truck could be so much nicer if he ditched the hokey looking cab/grille and used something with curves.

It just shows that great fabricating skills do not always come with a great sense of what's visually appealing.
That truck could be so much nicer if he ditched the hokey looking cab/grille and used something with curves.

Just goes to show, mechanical skills and sense of style don't necessarily go hand and hand! :eek:

Toad

just like being a pro athlete or a nascar cup driver. Yea you might have basic skills that are awesome but there is the whole package needed to be on top. same goes in the car / hot rod / street rod world [;)

Latest posts

Back