Hoping for 28-31 Tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outkast

Decided to start my first Rat with the engine I purchased what I was told were 2 49-53 Ford flatheads with the transmissions. Brought the first home the other day. Kinda dissapointed that everything was burnt off to remove this motor(shifter,emergengy brake,driveshaft,crossover pipe,etc) Anyway have a question or two the first motor I picked-up has a 6 blade fan which I was told optional on heavy duty setups? The transmissions is a 4-speed and has a PTO shaft( may be fairly common no idea). Any idea what this trans may be worth as I have no plans for using it. We pulled the heads on the the first motor cylinders looked good from best we can tell but haven't been able to turn the motor over yet. It has been rebuilt 30 over pistons but no Merc crank. Now this motor has 1 part on it that has us stumped [S. Take a look and let me know what it is or what you think it is.

Attachments

• IMAG0516.jpg
    IMAG0516.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 29
Ok picked-up motor number 2 this morning and it wasn't exactly what I was told. However no let down actually hoorah for me we hope. This motor was in F-2 and had to be pulled and nothing was burnt off getting it out [cl. The trans is a 4 speed but no PTO shaft not big deal there. Kicker was this motor has [dr Mercury heads [dr. Lets hope for the Merc crank. It also has a rebuild tag on it Cyl .060, Main .010, Rod .010. Plus the guy threw in all the extras breather,driveshat and almost new crossover pipe. So I feel like I did good considering I got both motors for $500. As far as my unkown exhaust part I'm hearing maybe some type of heat riser or whistle/horn who knows.

Attachments

• IMAG0523.jpg
    IMAG0523.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0527.jpg
    IMAG0527.jpg