horsepower guesses for fun??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Thought for fun you might wanna take a stab at the horsepower my rat will have. Here's the specs. Take a guess without looking at the next persons guess first.
355 ci sbc w steel crank n rods
Speed pro dished blowers pistons yielding 8-1 comp
Edelbrock alluminum rpm heads w 70cc chambers
2 edelbrock 500 blowers prepped carbs
Summitt 465/488 by 270/280 cam w 112 degree lobe Sep
msd pro billet distributor with msd box n coil
luinati roller rockers
Weiand 6-71 blowers making 10-12lbs of boost
tech guys at hes said I can run this setup on 92 octane gas at 6-6500rpm's wo problems.....so Wat's yer guesses?? Rr

10-12 psi is a lot for pump gas and should net you close to 800hp at the crank.:D

you have to remember that 10 psi with a roots blower is way different than 10 psi with a centrifical or a turbo. you are dealing with a ton more CFM. I agree that it will be taxing the flow of the heads but then major issue will be on the exhaust side. the blower will push it in but it has to be able to get back out. that same PSI on a BBC would be 1000-1100hp. it should be in the 6-9% under driven range for that PSI on a SBC[P

Your combination it almost identical to mine. My cam has a 114 lobe. I had it run on a desk top dyno and it says 725hp at the flywheel. Some of the real simple dyno calculators will put 10 lbs of boost at 2 hp per cubic inch.

Did you have an extra 1/4" keyway cut in your crank and run a billet blower drive hub? The little key that turns the stock balancer may not last very long.
newtfinished5.jpg

Im guessing 5-550 horses.

RPM- CAN I GET YER SETUP ON YER ENGINE? I didn't dbl key it cause bds Tech said turning it 6500 Tom's or lease shouldn't cause an issue

If I get it dynoed ill let ya know wat it is:D

Tnx for the input everyone

Your combination it almost identical to mine. My cam has a 114 lobe. I had it run on a desk top dyno and it says 725hp at the flywheel. Some of the real simple dyno calculators will put 10 lbs of boost at 2 hp per cubic inch.

Did you have an extra 1/4" keyway cut in your crank and run a billet blower drive hub? The little key that turns the stock balancer may not last very long.
newtfinished5.jpg

I'd guess 450-475..

I want one of those worse than a crackhead wants his next fix:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back