Hot rod movie.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I don't know if some of you have ever seen this movie, it has been around forever. If you can get by the weak plot, the poor acting, the silliness of it all, the scenes with the willys coupe are worth watching.

Don't get discouraged by the dumbness of the beginning, just get your favorite brew and stick with it, some parts of it make it worth the effort.

Don

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7M1RtnXzHw

Been a favorite of mine for years. :cool: Yeah, ya gotta sift through some silliness.......like stealing a Hemi out of a AMC Matador........but well worth it for the good scenes and Sax music. Always loved the first line in the movie too...."Man I don't care where you're going, I've been standing here since 1959" [cl

i have watched it a few times myself, i like it. another old one i would like to see is corky, haven't found it online yet.

I was telling a fella younger than me how "American Graffiti" had influenced my high school years and he said the same about "Hot Rod 1979". It resides next to "American Graffiti" and "Two lane Blacktop" in the DVD rack now. Christmas added "American Nitro", "Vanishing Point", and "California Kid" to the collection.

Don

I was telling a fella younger than me how "American Graffiti" had influenced my high school years and he said the same about "Hot Rod 1979". It resides next to "American Graffiti" and "Two lane Blacktop" in the DVD rack now. Christmas added "American Nitro", "Vanishing Point", and "California Kid" to the collection.

Don

Nice collection Donnie! Hey, "Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry" is out there on DVD too.........well worth adding to your collection just for Susan George :eek:

Oldies but goodies!

I wanted to see if there were any movie threads and found this one, so forgive me for bringing up an old subject (perhaps), but just watched "Hot Rod Girl" with Frank Gorshin and Chuck Connors and some famous jazz musicians in the band for the soundtrack. Do we need a Favorite Hot Rod Movie thread?

http://youtu.be/tfr32OkQIFE

Been watching quite a few others as well. Some good, some pretty horrible. LOL

Latest posts

Back