how about this sbc combo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratterman

I'm wanting to start ordering the bolt on stuff for my 350 and was wondering what you guys opinions are on the parts i think would make a decent street driven engine. first off my block is going to be a stock rebuilt standard bore 1992 350 with rebuilt 882 heads as the base and this is the list i want to buy for it as it goes together.

edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb w/ electric choke

edelbrock 2101 performer intake non egr

comp cams thumper camshaft and lifters

speedways boom tube headers

I'm not totally sure about the cam but i love the sound of them. i want to be sure it will be a good cam for drivability. and i know the headers will probably be loud but i figure i can run some baffles in them if it's to loud

nd this is the list i want to buy for it as it goes together.

edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb w/ electric choke

edelbrock 2101 performer intake non egr

comp cams thumper camshaft and lifters

Ratter,
Thumpers are good cams, there are 3 versions I believe. I'd ask them what manifold and carb they recommend.

Babyface

driveability

If your goal is driveability, I would stick with the smallest of the Thumper hydraulic cams-.479"/.465", still pretty wild for street, imo. I always recommend people to use Rhoads anti-pump lifters. They make your cam smoother at idle and increase vaccuum, but when you get into the higher RPM's they basically turn your hydraulic cam into a solid lifter cam. Read the installation instructions carefully! The lifters cost $100, or Speedway sells a no-name version for $70. I've never run this cam, but by the looks of it's specs you will have great low end torque with the long exhaust duration.

Other note: with the lift that high, you probably should invest in some valve springs that are rated for .500" lift...commonly known as Z28 springs (I think).

Latest posts

Back