how did ya pick a name for your'e car/truck?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
Do you name your'e rides? if so, how did you pick a name for your'e ride and do you name every vehicle youv'e owned or still own?

Most every one l know has a named there car/trucks.

a few of mine; gertrude is my 57 chevy, shirley was my 65 chevelle wagon, red truck is my 69 swb chevy truck.

Later[P

all of my trucks have named themselves. My Lightning was named Baby Torque Monster. My F-250 Diesel on 35's with a 4" lift is named big dirty since she is always going off roading and i dont wash her. (no point since she is in the mud about once a week).

my older cars like my 50 Coronet was named "done someday", my 72 Chevelle (with the 454 and the BDS blower) was "the beast". none of my vehicles have had an actual name that i can remember. my next car/truck might.

Ive never named any of my rides, just call them the factory name. Kia, Bronco, Ranger. But no actual people names.

Now when i had my 61 Unibody, I called it "The 61". My last Bronco, i called "Bronco", i know very original huh, lol.

The Bronco I have now is maroon and tan, so the 4x4 club im with named it PB&J. So now its Peanut Butter Jelly time Peanut Butter Jelly time, lol.

Mine came along with this idea I had for a tag I had hangin' around the garage....

Attachments

• small frightliner.jpg
    small frightliner.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 42
I call mine the Daytripper because it's a roadster & the windshield hits me right in hte middle of the chest. Anything more than a "day trip" is askin' for sun/wind burn, bugs & bug juice all over u're face & chest! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• Daytripper.jpg
    Daytripper.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
I call mine the Daytripper because it's a roadster & the windshield hits me right in hte middle of the chest. Anything more than a "day trip" is askin' for sun/wind burn, bugs & bug juice all over u're face & chest! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

get ya a full face helmet or a open face helmet and some googles, also a flak jacket fer dem' bugs:D[ddev

Later[dr

Mine was purple at one time, so everyone in my family refers to it as "the purple car"! My wife calls it the stinkmobile! (it runs a little rich with 2 holleys and a tunnelram)!!!CR

Had 2 Thunderbirds, one red and the other blue so I had the red bird and the blue bird, sold the red bird, still got the blue bird.
Haven't named my trucks. Did have a couple of ole blue's in the past though.

my first "project", 1966 f-100, had some issues that seemed to make it possessed.....
it got tagged with "Christine".....still call her by that name...

my 46 that is my avatar was owned years ago by a little short fella that was nick-named "chig" -which was from "he's no bigger than a chigger" he shortened it and apparently he liked his nickname as it was carved in the steering wheel!
....so naturally the 46 found a name, too....... "chigger":D

my next one may or may not be named........

I've never personally named any of my cars, but my ex-Wife and my ex-Girl Friend named them for me. Funny, they picked the same name........D***ED CAR.:D:D They must have liked that name because they used it so often. "Are you going to go work on that D***ED CAR again tonight?" :p

Sometimes I almost miss the both of them. :cool:

Don

I've never personally named any of my cars, but my ex-Wife and my ex-Girl Friend named them for me. Funny, they picked the same name........D***ED CAR.:D:D They must have liked that name because they used it so often. "Are you going to go work on that D***ED CAR again tonight?" :p

I think Don's car should be called the "Chick Magnet"... we've seen the pictures!!! :D

Sometimes I almost miss the both of them. :cool:

Sure you do!!! [ddd

BoB

Attachments

• dons.jpg
    dons.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
Do you all have Shake N' Bake ( crumb coating for chicken or pork ) in the States ?

Well that's where I got the name for the Studie.
And with a blown 400hp SBC the name kind of fit.

'SHAKnBAKR'

Studedoors01.jpg

I had a CJ2A jeep in Colorado I named 'Mr Bill' from the Saturday Night Live claymation guy that had all those bad things happen to him..

"OH NO--Not that huge mud hole"

Had a buddy named Bill--He thought I named my Jeep after him :) :) I never explained it to him..

PA41

My dad had an old E-150 he called the grey ghost, my wife named my commuter car (91 saturn wagon) the ass dragger, or the rubbermaid car. in highschool my lowrider truck was named the black b i t c h .....and the build thread on here of the truck i have now is dark sarcasm....

I been naming my cars all my life..

never really named any of mine, my grandpa had the tormentor, my cousin had the tormentor 2, i called my little beetle the tormentor three (back when i had it, which is a sob story). kinda thinking about calling this one lemonaide. usually i just refer to them as "my car" or the (model) car.

Rarely do I name vehicles. For some reason my 69 Ford crewcab got named though. It was Loosey. I had a 67 Chevy pickup once that was The Rattler. And all my Subarus have always been Scooby-Doo. Anything blue is usually old blue. My 93 Aerostar is the fridge because it looks like a laying down refirgerator on wheels, or more often I call it the ghetto cruiser.

well when we got to the last of the work on the 1934 Chevy pickup, I looked at it and said to myself that is Sinister, well the name stuck and we painted it on the top. all the chains and skelton arms holding the radiator, and the way the cab leans forward and the radiator leans back, and the way it runs, insane, just SINISTER

Attachments

• HPIM2474.JPG
    HPIM2474.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM2477.jpg
    HPIM2477.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM2476.jpg
    HPIM2476.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back