How do I get this color of red?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgo70

I was looking at the post about the primer nationals and saw this picture. I originally wanted a flat red but I was afraid I'd make it pink, so I bought some gloss red. I can save that for my truck if I can figure out how to get this color.

Sean

Attachments

• Photo0136.jpg
    Photo0136.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo0159.jpg
    Photo0159.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 80
I have some Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 in red, I don't know if I'll use it or save it for my '51 chev. I've been searching around and kinda thought maybe I should spry it and see how it looks then if I want to flatten it I'll do it in the clearcoat.

Sean

i have personally used the kustomshop flatz and really like it-would recomend it to anybody....if the paint you already have is a basecoat, and the color you want, then you could buy the customshop flat clear....you could also buy the kustomshop flatz paint chip chart if undecided on your color-- hope that helps!

HRP

whats up man, new to forum but have been in paint and body for quite sometime. There are lots of ways to acheive the flat look, first of there are ways that are right and ways that are wrong. The right ways is to go with a flat based clear coat which takes some getting used to to shoot which would be the right way to acheive that look. I have also seen people shoot straight base on vehicles which will acheive that look but not protect the paint from uv rays. Which will fade the base coat very fast I am used to using PPG paint. Anyways hopefully this helps you out. Just go to your local paint store and ask about some flats clear.

Latest posts

Back