How do i install king pins

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't as easy as the Hamb article makes it sound. First off you have "find" that reamer. Cost is about $70 from machine shop tool supplier.
I just buy a king pin and bushing kit from Speedway, get the kit to fit the spindles not the axle, or other parts supplier and take "it" and my spindles to my local machine shop and for about $40 they install them correctly for me.:D

This isn't as easy as the Hamb article makes it sound. First off you have "find" that reamer. Cost is about $70 from machine shop tool supplier.
I just buy a king pin and bushing kit from Speedway, get the kit to fit the spindles not the axle, or other parts supplier and take "it" and my spindles to my local machine shop and for about $40 they install them correctly for me.:D

Yeah i know but it covers the steps involved. well excluding cussing everything holy trying to remove the old king pins:D

I take mine to the machinist too. For as often as I do kingpins it makes better financial sense to just pay someone else to do it, and they do it right.

Don

I hired some tiny guys to do mine.....
hkingpin.jpg

King pin reamer

Before I did mine I checked almost everywhere..including EVILBAY.I found them for about 9.00 to 13.00 dollars at a local place called KITTS surplus tools.Production Tool also carries them.You gotta be able to search...:D

Latest posts

Back