how do i run my vin # plate. 48-50 Ford f1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're jumping around on me....LOL

it say *7hc**121660*
it has stars in it and it wont run on this site
http://www.ford-trucks.com/vin-decoder/index.php

any help????:confused::confused::confused:

this is what I got when I ran your number...... my guess is that the site doesn't run something this old or..... the number may not be correct.... I understand that there is another vin number somewhere
Ford Trucks VIN Decoder

Enter your VIN number:

Your VIN number: 7HC 121660
Your Model Year is Unknown, Please double check VIN number.

Model Line and Engine: Unknown, Please double check VIN number

Your's vehicle unique number: 121660

Check for the VIN to be stamped into the right frame rail near the front suspension. this is from another ford site.....

Sorry had a call...

i only have the cab....bought it with no frame. im building one

Not knowing much about Fords, let alone old fords, I understand that the Build plates are sometimes put in numerous different locations..... under the dash, on the firewall at the cowl area, glove box area and on the frame or all of the above... without the frame you might be looking to title it as an assembled vehicle unless you have a title....which I assume you don't.... Not sure how your state operates but in Mich we title these as assembled vehicles..... the state gives us a vin tag to adhere to the vehicle...
Sorry I couldn't help more.... but this is not my field of expertise.....[S

Not knowing much about Fords, let alone old fords, I understand that the Build plates are sometimes put in numerous different locations..... under the dash, on the firewall at the cowl area, glove box area and on the frame or all of the above... without the frame you might be looking to title it as an assembled vehicle unless you have a title....which I assume you don't.... Not sure how your state operates but in Mich we title these as assembled vehicles..... the state gives us a vin tag to adhere to the vehicle...
Sorry I couldn't help more.... but this is not my field of expertise.....[S

no need to say sorry. thank you for helping. im just wondering if i can get a title for this. i thought that might be the vin number

VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. Why say Vehicle Identification Number number?

Anyhow, where are you getting that number from? Early F-series trucks had a ID plate inside the glove box door. That is where your serial number will be, if it is still there. Regardless, Ohio is no cake walk when it comes to such things. Be prepared for a struggle...

it should be on the firewall above the stamp mark pretty much right in front of the driver, from what you have it looks like the 48 ford p/u we have in the shop so i dont know why it wouldnt go through ill grab the vin of the one at work and see if it works

VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. Why say Vehicle Identification Number number?

Anyhow, where are you getting that number from? Early F-series trucks had a ID plate inside the glove box door. That is where your serial number will be, if it is still there. Regardless, Ohio is no cake walk when it comes to such things. Be prepared for a struggle...

lol the bmv and millions of people use the saying "vin number" sorry for being improper?[S
and i said its on the plate on my passenger side firewall

heres the pic

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 21
*7hc**121660*

there should be a # before the 7? Probably an 8.
7h - 226ci 6cy 1bl
c - 1/2 ton
There should be 2 letters after the serial? To indicate manufacture location.

The low serial indicates it should be a 48

There should also be a stamp directly on the firewall.

Latest posts

Back