How do these things keep following me home?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caddad65

It's a '53 or '54 Ford F-600. The chassis is out from under a '95or so 1-ton 15 Passenger Van with a 5.8 EFI & an AOD.

I'd like some input on how I should build it. Any suggestions?!

This sickness IS NOT why the wife keeps me around by the way.

-Mike-

Attachments

• '54 COE 001.jpg
    '54 COE 001.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 30
  • '54 COE 002.jpg
    '54 COE 002.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 36
  • '54 COE 003.jpg
    '54 COE 003.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 30
  • '54 COE 004.jpg
    '54 COE 004.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 4
  • '54 COE 005.jpg
    '54 COE 005.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 19
Pics of the chassis!

Attachments

• '54 COE 008.jpg
    '54 COE 008.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 16
  • '54 COE 009.jpg
    '54 COE 009.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 20
  • '54 COE 010.jpg
    '54 COE 010.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
  • '54 COE 011.jpg
    '54 COE 011.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 22
Well to get the cab to sit right it looks as though I'll have to either cut the floor to clear the intake, or move the engine behind the cab. I woun't know for sure untill I test fit the cab. The roof is dented in a bit but isn't rusted.

I was thinking it might make a sweet looking Roadster Car Hauler if I were to hack the roof off, depending on how ambitious I'm feeling.
Can you imagine a rig that size with a DuVall wind screen?! Oh yeah!

Motor turns over by hand & was running. The chassis is in really good shape & pretty clean too.

Followed you home?

I've got a 51' sitting in my back yard that I told my wife "it was calling my name so I had to bring it home" Hopefully I'll get to work on it someday after I get my honey does done. Good luck on your project!

it was you

You *******... i was 15 minutes away from buying that from Jeff when he told me he had just sold it to one of his friends....

Just kidding brother, i am glad to see that you got it, it is probably better for my marriage that you took it home instead of me.LOL

Pablo

You *******... i was 15 minutes away from buying that from Jeff when he told me he had just sold it to one of his friends....

Just kidding brother, i am glad to see that you got it, it is probably better for my marriage that you took it home instead of me.LOL

Pablo

Sorry man I know your wife will be diapointed.
My wife was "thrilled" by the way. But at least I warned her this time.
If you don't mind could you do up a sketch for me as a hauler with & with out a roof?!

That might give me a better idea on which drirection to go with it.

-Mike-

That COE Rules man. I personally would leave the roof on, I've wacked the roof off of 2 of my sleds and really regreted it in the rain and cold nights, plus yours is too kool just the way it is. Maybe you can make the roof removable?

Latest posts

Back