How do you build a rat with no garage?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rad Rob

I currently have no garage and building my ride has been real slow. Everytime I want to work on it, I get all my tools out from the basement, set everything up, make cuts, fit panels, tack weld and BAM... RAIN!

I was thinking about a car port or a portable garage to keep the rain off my head and off any bare metal. I need suggestions on where to buy or build plans for such a thing, it's got to be pretty cheap and has to hold snow in the winter. My car is pretty big but 10'x20' ought to cover it.

6-30-09-1.jpg

6-11-09.jpg

6-13-09-pass-side.jpg

Been there, done that and I feel your pain. Lowes and Home Depot have kits for sheds and garages. You could even get a metal car port and hang plastic on the sides temporarily. Maybe rent a garage nearby?

i work between showers! leave the tools on the front porch and park the build close to the porch! notice porch in the back ground of pic!

Attachments

• DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 24
  • pontiacclean2.JPG
    pontiacclean2.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
For years, I worked on my cars in the driveway or on a concrete patio in the back yard. It was rough and it limited some of the things I could do but I still did it. I'm spoiled now though after me, my dad, and my brother built a shop with a roof in my dad's back yard. Everything changed after that.

We use a 10'X20' carport that we bought from Costco. It has tarp roof and sides so it keeps the rain and sun out. There only a couple hundred dollars and work pretty good.

Keith

I have a garage,But I just had a carport built(16x24) to do my work in now.

Just gives me a little more freedom of just dropping what I am doing and being able to pickup at a later time without breaking everything down and having to set it back up.

Latest posts

Back