How do you sell something so heavy???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meyek91974

I have a Ford-O-Matic automatic tranny, but/and would anyone buy it here because how would I ship it being sooo heavy and bulky - then there's the payment method???

Attachments

• Ford O Matic 1.jpg
    Ford O Matic 1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00950.jpg
    DSC00950.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 26
heavy items

Wrap in in plastic and strap it to a pallet. Call a shipping company. I live in Ct and have bought motor/trans combos from California.

On the payment Paypal works great, or have them send a money order before you ship it to them. As far as shipping any company that ships LTL (less then load) will ship that for you. As darkk said, wrap it and strap it to a pallet and it's good to go. You never know if you list it in some local classifieds there amy be someone close enough looking for it that it is worth their time to pick up instead of ship...

Check out Uship.com. It's like eBay, but opposite. You put up what you have to ship, and guys give you consecutively lower prices on moving it. You can specify criteria for the shippers, like insured, bonded, covered trailer, lift gate, etc. I've always had really good luck with this and have shipped cars, loaded job-boxes, 10k# pieces of steel, etc. It's mostly pro haulers looking to fill space on dead head runs.

I don't like PayPal. I prefer a check (make sure it clears first) or money order. Put it on CL as well, maybe someone local will want it and then cash/local pickup.

Good luck!!!

You apparently got the engine and tranny separated.
What was it that was keeping you from getting it apart?

Jim

Check out Uship.com. It's like eBay, but opposite. You put up what you have to ship, and guys give you consecutively lower prices on moving it. You can specify criteria for the shippers, like insured, bonded, covered trailer, lift gate, etc. I've always had really good luck with this and have shipped cars, loaded job-boxes, 10k# pieces of steel, etc. It's mostly pro haulers looking to fill space on dead head runs.

I don't like PayPal. I prefer a check (make sure it clears first) or money order. Put it on CL as well, maybe someone local will want it and then cash/local pickup.

Good luck!!!

This sums up anything I wanted to say. I've had good luck with uShip moving things around for me.

Latest posts

Back