How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow i found lightbulbs that look like candles how cool[ddd[ddd stir stir lol

they will be accepted here for discussion, but that "traditional lighting forum" will not accept talk of candle-looking bulbs! :eek:

they are considered "fake" by the candle-makers.... and not well accepted in the modern world of florescents and LED's either...[ddd

they will be accepted here for discussion, but that "traditional lighting forum" will not accept talk of candle-looking bulbs! :eek:

they are considered "fake" by the candle-makers.... and not well accepted in the modern world of florescents and LED's either...[ddd

Would brass lanterns with "fake candles" be to over the top?

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

[S Uh..... I think you mean 2 years. ;)

I stand corrected :D

However, it IS July, and so far there ARE new posts on this particular thread........so maybe it's EVERY year in July :rolleyes:

P.S. installed some nice bright LED lights is a bathroom yesterday. Box said 25,000 hours of life, $1.79 / yr average cost per light. Seems pretty snazzy. Can't buy oil for my lantern that cheap. Maybe their onto something with all this new technology. :D

I've replaced most of the bulbs in the house with those energy efficient ones that look like a bent pretzel. Even the 10 and 25 watters put out a surprising amount of light compared to incandescent ones. They are also supposed to last longer. Incandescent bulbs are being phased out anyway and will soon become unavailable.

Don

I've replaced most of the bulbs in the house with those energy efficient ones that look like a bent pretzel. Even the 10 and 25 watters put out a surprising amount of light compared to incandescent ones. They are also supposed to last longer. Incandescent bulbs are being phased out anyway and will soon become unavailable.

Don
Just don't buy the Chinese ones, as if that needs to be said.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cflbulb.asp

I'm even hearing fluorescent tubes are being phased out [S

Don

Yeah, that's what they said a few years ago when those dim curly Q bulbs came out but I don't see them things taking over. For one thing they are hazardous material. At my last IMSA refresher course they had pictures of a woman who broke one and stepped on it. He foot was nasty, like a brown recluse bit, big gobs of flesh were just missing. If you have those things, get rid of them.

BTW, where is ratrodgirl, haven't seen her around in a while.

This is awesome had to join

I heard the curly ones have mercury in them and that is why they re unsafe and have to be disposed of properly.

All fluorescent bulbs, straight and curly, have a small amount of mercury in them and should be disposed of carefully. The old T12 straight tube bulbs and magnetic fluorescent ballasts are being phased out. The greatest amount of growth in the industry for the past several years has been with LED fixtures. Beware of the cheap stuff - you get what you pay for in most cases. (FYI: I'm a certified lighting geek - no, really, NCQLP certified...)

Latest posts

Back