How many projects are too many????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undercover Customs

I have 5 projects of my own going right now, taking on a friends car to do body, paint and floors over the summer and I just found an Anglia for sale for a great price. I know deals come and go and I've let a few good deals pass by because I have so much in the works. Having a hard time taking a pass on the Anglia.

Where do you draw the line?

My 59, my Explorajo, my Mustang, 2 4x4s, an Artic Cat 4 wheeler, my yota gas miser prolly forgot one and I'm subject to add one at any time lol

7 or more

l have had as many as 9 and as few as two[S

there is no right answer, you must seek this knowledge for yourself and learn the answer.

l too have kicked my myself for passing up several projects l should have picked up or let go of some cool ones l had.

each person is vastly different in this endeavor to build rods. only do what you think you can handle.

Later :cool:

I dunno how many is perfect in theory.

but I like several projects(which might not all be cars) on the go at once,
that way while I'm scrounging several projects can advance a bit while I am just looking and hunting and planning. [;)

HI everyone

Currently I have 2-3 projects. One is in the garage and sucking me dry (1947 CJ2A). The Rat Rod (1952/53 Chevy truck) is in the carport awaiting the finish of the Jeep, and then I have 1960 Willys truck cab/fenders waiting for me to decide what I wanna do with it.

I sold 3 vehicles last fall to finance the rebuild of the Jeep. Not sure how your guys can afford all this rusty stuff....I am working 2 jobs to support my rusty junk habit...

MikeC

Last edited:
What causes the problem is that cars come along that are "too good of a deal to pass up." We've all had that happen, we weren't even looking for one but suddenly one pops up and we know if we don't grab it we will miss out on a bargain that might never happen again.

I'm getting better about thinning out the herd. I only have my 27 that is finished and my rpu project. My Son Dan is down to his rpu that is finished and a Mustang drag car he is building. My Son Don is the sick one in the family, he has his T bucket that is done, a Capri drag car he is building right now, and in the wings he has sitting a 30 Model A tudor, a 46 tudor, and he just bought a 99 Mustang that he is going to build into a clone of a Mach I he used to own.

For the first time in my life I have gotten to the point where I am not even looking for another project and it feels pretty good to not have that pressure on me.:D

Don

When the authorities or your wife start bugging you or you have to start selling some off to finance the others, that's how you know you have too many! [ddd

Beercan

According to the super computer in the movie "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy".....the answer is....42

Personally, I have to many....But as Don pointed out...

"cars come along that are "too good of a deal to pass up. We've all had that happen, we weren't even looking for one but suddenly one pops up and we know if we don't grab it we will miss out on a bargain that might never happen again"

Next weekend I'm going to pick up one such project, and this is in addition to another "toy/project" that I'll be picking up in NC next month. I really don't want to go into details until I have the keys in my hand (Don't worry though....pictures will be posted as each of them happens). These two are in addition to the 54 Studebaker pick up, 40 Ford Tudor Sedan and the 1990 Honda Hurricane I already have. I'm not including the 40 Studebaker in my avatar picture, because I hope that's going to a new home shortly

I believe that you normally run out of money first....

When you run out of room or money then that's the number.

but I'd have to agree that space is at a substantial premium in my barn at the moment...lol...so right now it's my THING, the grandson's S10 and the Camaro that sits there waiting for my son to get "re-inspired" enough to decide what he want to do with it.....:(

One in the garage and oner on desk, that's what I limit myself to. But then all 3 of my daily drivers take turns at me too.
I probably have 5-10 projects pass through my hands every month. I know when the time comes for another on to settle in, it'll show up before I need it.

Yep and I don't even count the ones that just pop up

Like the kids Kenworth....the neighbors car, the wifes car, the kids truck the list goes on and on....if I plan a day off to work on something, I've learned to keep my mouth shut....lol...doesn't always work as they come knocking on the barn door anyway.....

I think it's 5

That's how many I have going and it must be too many because, I just can't seem to find the time to finish one of them.
However, that's kind of how I like it. Five projects in the shop is far better than one on the road.:confused::confused:

Latest posts

Back