how much brake?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar4life

well its kind of a guess. chassis mounted pedal 8" of leverage, single chamber 8" booster, 1 1/8" bore master, 11" rotors, 10" drum in 47 dodge coupe (around 5000 pounds)

Am i going through the windshield or neighbors front yard when i pull in out the first time?

Your master cylinder size is chosen with consideration to the wheel cylinder size. I haven't done this for a while, and can't recall all of the things you should consider. Can't find by book either. there are calculations to correctly match it all up. If the master cylinder is to large, the pedal pressure is to great. If it is to small, your pedal travel will be to great.

5000 lbs seems a little heavy though. I know they were big heavy cars, but WOW.

gold03

probably not enough booster. i had a single diaphram booster and corvette master kit on my 55 fairlane with disk front drum rear with matching prop valve. pedal hard and didnt stop good. i changed it out to a little cherokee matched setup stops perfect, pedal perfect. after i changed it out i talked to several people who said a single diaphram aint enough booster.

Latest posts

Back