How much did you pay for fuel today ??$$??$$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3.68 a gallon and it laughed at $80. Also you cannot find non ethanol fuel around here except like 2 places so they charge 30-40 cent more a gallon for it. So I went cheap being on a budget and all.

since this thread came back up it's now 3.89 here and 4.09 for my stroker and I know some of you guys don't like the prices but out here in the patch it's job security[;) and by the way there are lots of job openings

Today: Regular 87 $1.27/litre or 4.88/US gal. Premium 93 $1.41/litre or $5.33/US gal.

LOL, no kidding. They got ya' coming & going in the great white north, don'cha know.

One word. Tax. Our Gov't loves its taxes. :(

For 15 years I worked 100 yards from a refinery. That refinery sells and trucks fuel to the northern states. I can take a 90 minute drive south, cross the border, and buy OUR OWN gas for 30% less than I can in my backyard. :mad:

Slowly, but surely, the gap is closing. In the 70's and 80's, the difference was 50% or more. Give it 10 years (or less) and there won't be a difference. :eek:

Remember the Energy Crisis of 1973? Coincidentally, our education system introduced the metric system in '74 and national conversion began in '76.(IIRC) A weak smoke and mirrors scheme intended to hide the price of gasoline. :D Before the metric litre, we used the larger Imperial gallon. Today, that gallon of crappy "blended" regular gas would be $5.77. Premium $6.42. :eek:

I'll cut it off here. I think I hear Torchmann's footsteps...

I generally don't even look at the price I just pump then pay. There is no point worrying about it cause you have to have it either way.

3.97 last night... (it will keep going up, and when I have the rat going, I'll be laughing at high gas prices cause I won't be refueling there)

The weird part is some gas station pumps shut off at about $ 75 and if you want more you have to walk inside and pay a second time. $ 75 won't fill my tank at the current price of premium, so I end up putting 3/4 of a tank in every time.

I guess even the gas pump can't handle the strain of these new prices. :mad:

Don

Don, you know why they do that???

So nobody can drive off with more than that....can't get 100 bucks of gas or more on a fill up...Thats why they've increased the offense for driving off with fuel.....
It's 3.99 a gallon here by me.....:( They simply want us all to buy all those electric / hybrid vehicles that are sitting idle on the lots.....gives me gas just thinking about it!!

The weird part is some gas station pumps shut off at about $ 75 and if you want more you have to walk inside and pay a second time. $ 75 won't fill my tank at the current price of premium, so I end up putting 3/4 of a tank in every time.

I guess even the gas pump can't handle the strain of these new prices. :mad:

Don

I was told that it is your bank that sets how much you are approved for at a gas station.

my DD is diesel, most places preauthorize $75 like Don mentioned, but one local QuikTrip allows their auto diesel pumps to preauthorize $500..sure,you can fill your tank, but it locks $500 from your checking account for a few days..which stinks in its own respect..

Now, where did I put that Pinto engine??? $3.89.9 today.

In the 70's when gas hit $2.00 I put a 2300 Pinto engine in a Model A 4 door. I came to my senses before finishing it and ripped that baby out of there and put some real ponies in the thing.

Hey Sarge...

Yeah, I kind of sauntered over the bridge to Harbour Freight first.:D Gas was a high of 3.97 that I had seen, to a low of 3.799....effectively 3.80. That was at the Admiral gas station a block south of the bridge on Pine Grove...if you happen to be in town.

Latest posts

Back