How Ratrods got a bad rap on other forums

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of possibility and a lot of cool raw materials to work with, but what a waste. I hope that was a joke build because otherwise the builder needs some serious help in the right direction.

It is easy to see how some "rat rods" are too far outside the box.
car368MN.jpg

But such is art:
Leonardos' Mona Lisa
4.jpg

And Picaso's similar painting
art1.jpg

It is easy to see how some "rat rods" are too far outside the box.

Too far outside the box or fell apart 1/2 way through the build? Looks like he just didn't have a plan for the front end and punted. Kinda like where the rear was going.

I used Rembrant and Warhol. Wasn't sure how to spell Da Vinci. :eek: Warhol's 'art' was hype like a crap rod. Picaso's art is more like a real rat rod. It was a new form the 'traditionalists' had a hard time understanding. Just my .02$

ok pics finally posted lol

Attachments

• !cid__downsize_2.jpg
    !cid__downsize_2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 36
  • !cid__downsize.jpg
    !cid__downsize.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 31
i guess if people have time, money, and "tin" to waste, they can build whatever they want in their attempts to "shock the masses"

i for one, build not for other peoples responses, but for my joy and satisfaction... now if others like my work, great! if not well it is still mine;)

Different strokes for different folks! I like the primered look, always have....had a primered goat in the early 70's....but it was safe....brakes, lights, the whole shebang....that seems to be a lot of peoples difficulties in accepting "rats"...too many goofballs just throwing anything together for the sake of having a so called rat....really should be called junk! The "fad" will die soon and the rest of us can go back to building and enjoying our type of cars!....REAL RAT RODS!!!!:D

Rats!

Never thought about it much but I've always built rat rods. Poor boys have poor ways. Seriously, though, we all know why the craze has taken off. Money....or the lack of same. They want a hot rod and can't afford it. And I understand that. But they don't know how to do em right on NO BUCKS!.

And one other point. Some people have NO taste! Proof.....How many high dollar, slick rods have you seen screwed up. Some of the "engineering" is just DUMB. But they're shiney and front row.:confused:

'ats want I think, anyway. :rolleyes:

Lynn

My .02 cents on this, if its not safe and could end up hurting some one else then it does not belong on the road. If you wanted to drive a car with junk all over it fine go ahead but it better be mounted very well and safe. Also some of the stuff people put on cars like saw blades and cut metal out too look like flames with razor edges is just stupid. Yes kids should not touch other cars but ever think that one of them could cut there self or even fall on one of these things? I know it sounds like I’m just some shiny Hot Rodder and not for the Rat Rods or Hot Rod guys but that’s not true (I have shop trucks and others but there safe), and if your building them this way because you don't have the funds then you probley don’t need to be building them.

And I don’t care what the Rules are on this board but Rule #1 should always be Safety first

Sorry if poeple don't like this but just my .02 cents I mean what do I know![S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back