How to lower a 41 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olskool13

I am new to the forum and love the site.

Looking to build a rat rod truck, not a hot rod show room truck.....

I have a 41 chevy truck that i want to lower, alot. The truck has leafs and all four corners. I have a mono leaf that came with the truck but im wondering if this is the route to go. I would like to stay away from a sub frame or mustang conversion, i am open to a front end old skool option. As far as the back end i know this will involve modifications, the bed will be modified and bobbed.

Yes there will be questions, i am looking for suggestions.

Thanks
Olskool13

Welcome to RRR. Make a intro and post a pic of your project. As for the front end, are you going fenderless?

For god's sake leave the fenders on it. You want old school? Put a dropped axle on the stock parallel leafs up front. Don't hack up the bed. Flip the axle in the rear with a c-notch and use some blocks if necessary. Done.

Yeah, and do a proper intro...

My vision for the truck is a stock looking primed cab on the somewhat original frame and suspension, SLAMMED with a bobbed bed, minus all fenders. I have a mono leaf that came with the truck and i am researching the dropped axle but have not found one yet. Suggestions? As per the bed, the bed is in ok shape minus the wood of coarse. I was planning on making or hacking another bed and selling this one. Hopefully the original parts i have will finance the rest of the build. Thanks for the suggestions.
I would love to restore this truck, put it on bags and drive the hell out of it. Time, money and life gets in the way.

i will get pics up in a bit, the cab is on a stand and the frame is just sitting on wheel in the garage. All the parts are in storage. The truck is totally disassembled. Im getting the itch to build. Research and local help is taking a while.

Latest posts

Back