How'd you know you were a rat rodder?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess "rat rodder" has always been part of my personality. Ive had plenty of nice shiny cars but have a lot more fun with my low $ rusty rides. I'm into all types of cars, muscle cars, tuners, sports cars, drag cars, and especially air cooled VWs. The rat rod world is much like the air cooled VW world. People aren't sure if your car is finished, what it is, or why it is. We're usually lumped into some alternate category at car shows. Overall people seem to be drawn to our rusty, noisy, creations. And I love the questions I get from people trying to figure it all out, but we as builders just get.

I have been working on a 53 ford for about 15 years,just like everyone else I get things when I can afford them,most things on the cheap,fuel injected chevy motor,overdrive tranny,bought an english wheel and shrinker/stretcher to make new panels,cant buy much for that year ford.It wont be rusty when I am done but it will be fun and I will have a huge smile every time I get in it.That is rodding,no matter what othe words you want to attach to it.

You know you are a rat rodder when....

You try to keep the original "PATINA" on as much of the sheet metal as you can when you are rebuilding your rust bucket...
I have a box on my desk at work full of rusty steel from the plow trucks at work...the sign on the outside of the box says ...."in rust we trust"....
Also none of the flat fender Jeep folks I chat with have a clue why I like "PATINA" on my CJ2A...

my 2 cents

MikeC

I like that rat rods are built with new ideas and ingenuity. Their are no catalogs for all your rat rod needs. I am also a big fan of building a car to drive.QUOTE]

Great answer! [cl Built to drive! why didn't I think of that?[S

I am partial to rat rods because of the character they have. Anybody with a lot of money can bolt up a street rod strait out of speedway but when you see a rat rod at a show you can look all day and not see another one like it. My dad got me in to old rides. We used to just ride arround and look for old cars in the ditch.

Latest posts

Back