Howdy from northern CA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveBiscuit

Hi everyone. Names Steve. Just bought my dads 47 2wd willys wagon a week ago. So far i've managed to clean all the junk out of it and find the rusty spots in need of repair. Still sketching/playing with paint to get an idea of how i want it to look. Its been sitting for around 12 years or more.
Here she is
2012-03-15143204-1.jpg

2012-04-18163247.jpg

2012-04-18163330.jpg

2012-04-18173839.jpg

2012-04-18162953.jpg

Welcome to RRR! Looks solid. If you chop it that much (I think you should), you might want to section the windshield cowl, and lower the dash.

threads

welcome,

looks like a good start, what motor, tranny & suspension are you planning on?

when ya start a build thread, lots of pics, please, as we are a visual bunch.

do a search several people doing willy builds.

cool old black/yellow plate:D

remember, when you chop it, mock up where ya are gonna sit,
the steering wheel and if you can see out of the windshield,,,,,,

would suck to do all that work and can't drive it (been there & done that:eek:)

Later

Welcome to the triple R, be sure to start a build thread! It's always cool to have a relative's car, especially your dad's!

Rattler

Im bouncing back and fourth about how much to chop. I plan on doing a flat roof. With the stock seat set up which i would like to use. I could only chop about 2-3" before i would hit my head (lot of work for only a couple inches...). Been taping cardboard over the windshield and to the roof to get a better idea. As for lowering the windshield into the cowl it seems almost a must after seeing other chopped willys. Motor i would like to put an olds/buick 215 v8 with a manual trans(found several nearby, even one in town). Going to try and reuse the stock front suspension. Rear will be a explorer 8.8 with discs( w/ adapters to match front bolt pattern). Ive got some more pics on my comp i'll have to go through. Updated how it will look and found some "inspiration". Also been tossing around the idea (If i chop it) of welding the lower tailgate skin to the body. Would take the chop out of it and leave the top half alone.

Last edited:
Cool project Mr SteveBiscuit, what part of nor cal you from??? I'm in the Redding area, and might have a few parts you might need. ;)

Latest posts

Back