Howdy from Southwest AZ

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bow

Hey all,

I'm Bow and I'm currently in Southwest AZ... its not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here...

I've been an Import guy for a long time, and I'm thinking of buildng a rod with an import flair...

And I'm pretty sure that I ran in the same circle with Rich (AkA Dirty Rat) back in the BME days... :D

Anyway, looks like a great site with a large number of cool projects going on...

Hey all,

I'm Bow and I'm currently in Southwest AZ... its not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here...

I've been an Import guy for a long time, and I'm thinking of buildng a rod with an import flair...

And I'm pretty sure that I ran in the same circle with Rich (AkA Dirty Rat) back in the BME days... :D

Anyway, looks like a great site with a large number of cool projects going on...

Indeed! Welcome to the best Rat Rod site on the net!
[cl[cl

Thank you for the welcomes

Welcome. Any thing going on right now[S
We just love pix[P

Well, I've had the engine on a stand for 5 years.. all built.

it is a 2.4L DOHC Nissan (Yes Rich, that sucker is still in my garage) that cameout of my '91 240SX...

I have bouncing around the idea for a LONG time of building a Locost (Lotus) 7 clone, but I keep getting draw to the early american iron...

I would love to do a Lotus 7/ Track T hybred...

Unfortunately, the 70 hour work weeks are killing my fun time at the moment...

Attachments

• IntakeSide.jpg
    IntakeSide.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 8
Thank you for the welcomes

Well, I've had the engine on a stand for 5 years.. all built.

it is a 2.4L DOHC Nissan (Yes Rich, that sucker is still in my garage) that cameout of my '91 240SX...

I have bouncing around the idea for a LONG time of building a Locost (Lotus) 7 clone, but I keep getting draw to the early american iron...

I would love to do a Lotus 7/ Track T hybred...

Unfortunately, the 70 hour work weeks are killing my fun time at the moment...

Holy crap that motor is still on the stand eh?
Yea, did you ever get plans to build the locost?

Holy crap that motor is still on the stand eh?
Yea, did you ever get plans to build the locost?

Yeah buddy, that is my "Garage Art"... I'm fixing to order the Megasquirt kit for it....

and yes sir, I have all most everything ever printed on building a Locost...

Welcome,....I say build the track T That engine is perfect for one.

Thanks Sawzall!...

I'm thinking a Lotus 7 flavored Track T would be a scream with 170hp/180lb/pound engine backed by a 5 speed

Yeah buddy, that is my "Garage Art"... I'm fixing to order the Megasquirt kit for it....

and yes sir, I have all most everything ever printed on building a Locost...

Thanks Sawzall!...

I'm thinking a Lotus 7 flavored Track T would be a scream with 170hp/180lb/pound engine backed by a 5 speed

Well its time to get started on it!

And you can get more power out of that 2.4 than that, even NA!

Well its time to get started on it!

And you can get more power out of that 2.4 than that, even NA!

Well, I figure with an good tune, E85 fuel, 11.1:1 Compression Ratio, Port/Polish, re-clocked 248 cams, the ITBs, Tri-Y header, and a "breathy" exhaust system, 180hp is a good low number...

The Engine Simulator I have actually puts it it 200hp and 205 ft/lbs under the factory redline...

but in a sub-2000 lb. car should provide several smiles per mile :D

I have always liked the Fiat Topolino body as well....

Last edited:
Indeed, I have dyno sheets showing more power than that without E-85 =)

C'mon man, find some time and get building! Its been what 10+ years waiting?

Latest posts

Back