Hub question.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumprat

Hey guys what modern hubs will fit on 36-39 spindles? Ford car? Ranger pick up? Kind of looking for something with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. Thanks

If your spindles are early Ford spindles check Speedway Motors, they have disc brake kits that give you all the parts you need including the hubs that can be ordered with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. Ive used their kits and they are quality at a good price.:)

I think that 36 spindles are different than 37/38/39 spindles. I know the hubs are different and don't interchange. The distance between the inner and outer bearing is different on the 36.

Volarie/Aspen disc is what most kits use, but they don't go on without an adapter.

What adapters are needed and where do you get them. Also what calipers would you use with this (volare, aspen?). Sorry I am not trying to hijack this thread I just asked this question a while back and no one seemed to know the answer.

What adapters are needed and where do you get them. Also what calipers would you use with this (volare, aspen?). Sorry I am not trying to hijack this thread I just asked this question a while back and no one seemed to know the answer.

Fuzz already answered this question. Just buy the kit! It's not worth jacking around with junkyard parts when a proper fitting, reasonably priced kit can be purchased new and bolted on. Brakes are not the place to pinch pennies!

The kits that everyone here is mentioning carries the adaptors. As for calipers, most kits nowdays uses the GM "metric" calipers found on many GM products from 78 and up.

Latest posts

Back