HUGE California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 01/06/2011

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rust lover

Bleeds rust
HUGE California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 01/06/2011

California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Traffic Ticket Fines (Effective 01/06/2011)

VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22349 $214 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350 $328 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A) $148 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, first offense .

I know someone who got this and it ending up being $274VC 23123(B) $256 Driving while using a wireless phone not hands free, each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5 $148 Driving while using a wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124 $148 Minor driving while using a wireless phone.

VC 22500 $976 Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507(A) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507(B) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708 $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.

VC 27150 $178 Adequate muffler required.

VC 27315 $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360 $436 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.

Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program .

VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears.

VC 27803 $178 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation.VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200 $178 Proper display of license plates.

VC 9400 $178 Commercial weight fees due.

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction
Look out for the money grabbers in Sacramento but donŒt blame the cops.
They don‚t set the fines or collect them!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• police-pic-2_detail.gif
    police-pic-2_detail.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 17
Illinois bumped up a few fines too. Trying to make up for lost revenue any way they can I guess. Drive safe!

VC 34506 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation.VC 4000 $256 No evidence of current registration.

So now a mistake on the paperwork costs more than not havin' a registration (stolen vehicle) !!

I got a $160 ticket for not wearing my seat belt. They had an undercover cop sitting at a red light calling to all the other little minions down each road leading away from the light for everybody not wearing a seat belt. When I pulled over there were about 6 six cops with 6 different offenders in the same parking lot and down the road a little bit there more flashing lights.

Now don't get me wrong...I'm not cop bashing, but it seems like a misallocation of resources to me. There had to be at least 30 cops working that sting if they had the same amount for each street.

It was funny when I signed the ticket I yelled "One-Hundred and Sixty Dollars!!" I saw the cop put his hand on his gun...can't say I blame him, but it shows where we are at as a soceity.

Another note and I'm not sure if they do this in other states, but the state fine for the no seat belt law is something like $30...the rest of the $160 goes to local fines for the law.

I will say that I don't agree with the seat belt laws...and I know all the insurance arguements that surround it...just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Yep, they really want the money here in CA. There is a 20 mile stretch of highway 99 between me and Fresno. I have driven it 3 times in the past two weeks. Each time there was a minimum of 3 people pulled over, one time there was 6.

I've noticed that the states with the large fines and fees are also the states with massive entitlement spending...so speed brother, pay for that government cheese!

The other day I was following a marked Sherrifs car, and he wasn't speeding to any emergency, just driving along. First of all, he did a California rolling stop at a stop sign (not using a turn signal also), then he drove along and changed lanes several times without using his signal. He was also over the speed limit by about 5 mph (so was I and everyone else). Finally, he just squeezed through a yellow light as it was turning red, and I stopped so I didn't get to watch any more of his driving habits after that.

I've been tempted to pull up next to one of these guys and inform them they broke the law several times that I saw, but guess what would happen to me if I did? :eek: Don't get me wrong, I respect the job these guys do, but the laws should pertain to everyone, especially them who should be setting a good example for the rest of us.

Don

DUDES... thems some hefty fees! Guess they think hot rodders are gonna balance the budget over yonder!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

The other day I was following a marked Sherrifs car, and he wasn't speeding to any emergency, just driving along. First of all, he did a California rolling stop at a stop sign (not using a turn signal also), then he drove along and changed lanes several times without using his signal. He was also over the speed limit by about 5 mph (so was I and everyone else). Finally, he just squeezed through a yellow light as it was turning red, and I stopped so I didn't get to watch any more of his driving habits after that.

I've been tempted to pull up next to one of these guys and inform them they broke the law several times that I saw, but guess what would happen to me if I did? :eek: Don't get me wrong, I respect the job these guys do, but the laws should pertain to everyone, especially them who should be setting a good example for the rest of us.

Don

Pull over copper... this is a citizens arrest!!! Hahaha!!! I can see you now Don! [ddd

BoB

Latest posts

Back