Humble Beginnings

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack

So as I said in my intro, I'm posting pictures of my '46 Ford. I pulled the cab off this morning and did a quickie mock-up to get an idea of what's gonna happen. I haven't decided if I want to use the stock hood or not but that doesn't really matter right now.
100_0239.jpg

100_0237.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0236.jpg

It's definately not gonna have fenders and I'll be building a 2X3 box tube frame for it shortly. Not sure about the chop yet. I'm not set on the motor yet but I'm thinking of running the old faithful SBC on E-85. I'm trying to find out now if I can even register this thing when it gets done. There's no title. If not I guess it's race only.

I like your start and your ideas. You might want to consider 2" by 4" rectangular tubing. There's a thread on RRR about frame flex one of the guys has encountered. Some of the Tennessee members here that might be able to advise you about getting titled. There's always a way.

It's definately not gonna have fenders and I'll be building a 2X3 box tube frame for it shortly. Not sure about the chop yet. I'm not set on the motor yet but I'm thinking of running the old faithful SBC on E-85. I'm trying to find out now if I can even register this thing when it gets done. There's no title. If not I guess it's race only.

Hey Mack,

Thanks for posting pics of your 46. It's always good to see more Tennessee members here. I'm looking forward to watching your progress too. Getting your 46 Ford titled should be easy enough to do as long as the cab has it's VIN # intact somewhere on the cab. Just follow the link below to Broadway Title Co. and follow their instructions exactly. Be sure to read it all carefully. Several of us on here have used them with great results. $149.00 and 2 to 3 weeks later you get your paperwork so you can get it registered.

www.broadwaytitle.com

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thunder1

Thanks for the title tip. Honestly I haven't found a VIN on it yet but I'll keep looking. I'm sure I'll find while I'm butchering this thing up LOL.

doing a 42 ford

good start this is mine been a long one good luck

Attachments

• Picture 083.jpg
    Picture 083.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 17
hey its a comet

comet suyshield w was going to chop dut now dont think so with that comet got it on ebay fulton sunshield is a nuta1 but this one is stanless and alu. i looked at the fultons 4 a long time and the comet was a buy it now and jumped on it $140 free shipping think i got a good deal heres some picks later

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg