I bought a Shop truck/wagon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat33pickmup

International man of mystery!
well. Ive been busy working on building my Garage and finally getting started ( no more Carport for the Winter) so I can have it ready to work outta this winter. I am starting up my Upholstery business this winter and was thinkin about some kinda Wagon for a shop truck and was browsing Craigslist when this 1958 Lloyd Alexander wagon popped up. I play Email tag with the people for the weekend and finally got a hold of them this morning ( 10-06-08 ) and the owner says its really not a bad Body. I drive out there to just take a look and couldnt believe my eyes. It was partialy takin apart but all the stuff is there. Dont know what way I am going on this one but I know it will have a 3TC Hemi toyota and 5 speed and might end up a Mini-Gasser if I can find someone to make a straight axle ( Maybe I will tackle that myself even) so if the Pics work I took them with my Phone and will get better ones with the Digital camera this week when I go pick it up. guess they wont work

Jim

some pics, the last time it seen the road was 1971.

Jim

Attachments

• MyLloyd.gif
    MyLloyd.gif
    180 KB · Views: 52
  • Lloyd2.gif
    Lloyd2.gif
    163.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Lloyd3.gif
    Lloyd3.gif
    156.4 KB · Views: 12
thanks guys
Gastric, Thanks, I will check that out. The car is only like 4'4" wide so the axle w/o spindles will be about 36" wide from kingpin to kingpin.

Cutman, I am in Cheney, Exit 257 off I-90.

Steve, Logan is doing great, He was REALLY surprized when I told him I got the Lloyd. and Hopefully I will get the permit for the shop, have EVERYTHING ready to go even the Holes done waiting for permit to set the Posts then a few weekends it should be up and going. Thanks again

Jim

Like Gastrick said, MAS can make a straight axle any length. If you wand a narrow dropped axle, Magnum Axle in California can make them.

Latest posts

Back