I finally know what I want

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photog

Well one of the things guys told me here was to have a plan and know what I want.
So here it is..... You guys may not know it but with everything else I do, I'm a writer. November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and I am writing about a group of cops that hunt vampires. Just think Reno 911! meets Anne Rice. Well one of my rat rod ideas was an old cop car that had a horror theme (vampires) so now I have the perfect vehicle (forgive the pun) to motivate me to find the car for my rat project.
I will get the rest of the funds together and start looking for a 50's 4 door. You know, big with lots of curves (kinda sounds like my women lol). Does anyone know where to find old cop car parts like the lights etc?

Check with any local dealers that buy auction vehicles. We have a guy here that buys alot of public service vhicles and strips the goodies and sells the cars. I know he has a bunch of spotlights and bubles. Don't know if he sells them though.

Check your local laws too. Out here, it is illegal to drive a car that resembles law enforcement. One of the guys has an old CHP car, but he has to trailer it to events.

The New Mexico State Police have several restored and replica Police Vehicles. They use them Fairs, Parades, Shows, etc.

030.jpg

I can help

Photog, thats what i do for a living, sell lights, and i have quite a collection of old car lights, some sirens, radar units and such, let me know if i can help.

Check your local laws too. Out here, it is illegal to drive a car that resembles law enforcement. One of the guys has an old CHP car, but he has to trailer it to events.
I work at a police department as a dispatcher so I have had a few discussions with the guys on this. One thing I may do, so I can drive it is have the decal on the side done as a magnet, that way I can take it off when I drive it.

Banjoman, that is great to know!!!

They auction off the old junkers on a yearly bassis out here. It is real comical to see an older cruiser with all the faded emblem bleed through on the paint.
Out here, as long as you don't have the top lights and alternating grill flashers, you are OK to have a similar ride.

They auction off the old junkers on a yearly bassis out here. It is real comical to see an older cruiser with all the faded emblem bleed through on the paint.
Out here, as long as you don't have the top lights and alternating grill flashers, you are OK to have a similar ride.

Just out of curiosity, any idea what an old cruiser gets at auction ?

Latest posts

Back