I Gave a Snake a Lift Today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

It was a real pretty day today and I need to get out more, so I took my 26 T Sedan to a little carshow 30 miles away--Strawberry Days or something. 50 shiney cars and My rusty, dirty POS T.. I had 15-20 people come up as soon as I got out and a kid started pointing at my front axle right off, and I went over to explain what it was, and to my suprize there was a 5' long black snake comming off the frame, down the axle and into the disc brake/wheel.. He had ridden all the 30 miles from the house to the show--I guess somewhere on the frame.

It hid behind the disc brake and wrapped around the wheel. One fella pulled about half of it out, but it wouldn't let go, so we left it a while to calm down and took the wheel off, and carried the wheel and snake to a church yard next door.

This has been a snaky year--killed a Fairly big cottonmouth and a copperhead in the side yard and one black snake with the mower.

Thats a first for me--I've had a cat under a hood and a dog in the trunk and rats in a junker donor, but never a snake in a driver.

PA41..

um..........i thought i wanted to go for a ride in that T, but i may rethink that now...:eek:

whre 'bouts was this show---and why didn't i get invited?:confused:[S:D

well, come to think of it, i would prolly have screamed like a little girl if i saww a snake at a car show-maybe it was best that you didn't see that side of me ;)

Hum--I guess Bees will swarm on anything. I guess the driver thought he could blow them off.

That snake could have gotten in the T cab easily, but I don't think he was in there with me!! (Hope not!) It was sort of my fault, as I've seen him in the yard, but left him alone, even after Cupcake fussed at me to kill him. I believe in letting the 'good' snakes alone--I had a huge speckled King snake around my shop for years untill I accidently killed him -- dropped some heavy iron in my scrap pile, and he got squished. He was 7' long! I have seen them eat copperheads, so they are my kinda snakes..

My wife said she's seen a snake stuck in a window of a Minivan in a parking lot at her work, thrashing around.. so her co-worker had it in there with her on her commute.. :)

PA41

PA41

um..........i thought i wanted to go for a ride in that T, but i may rethink that now...:eek:

whre 'bouts was this show---and why didn't i get invited?:confused:[S:D

well, come to think of it, i would prolly have screamed like a little girl if i saww a snake at a car show-maybe it was best that you didn't see that side of me ;)

The show was in Bald Knob--The youngest son and the grandkids were at the show, so If I wanted to see Cupcake I had to go.. I have to admit I had a little tiny voice in me going EEEEEEEEE!! But I covered it up with old guy cool and a few dirty words.. It attracted a lot of attention! I'm kind of suprized how many people are NOT afraid of them. I had to run two or three kids off, they wanted to take it home, and I was concerned about some sort of liability if they took it home and killed a Grandmaw or Mother from fright..

Yo got more snakes at your place this year? This is above normal for me..

PA41

When I first read the thread title, for a second there, I thought you had meant you gave me a lift the other day...

God, I HATE snakes. Even reading this gives me the chills. If I had found one in my car I probably would just never ride in it again. :eek::eek:

Scream like a little girl wouldn't begin to explain my reaction. :eek:

Don

I live across from a lake and the overflow creek is my property line on 2 sides, so I see more than my share of snakes! I even had some living in my basement! Wife woke me late one night and had me come to her office to listen to a bizarre noise in the ceiling. As soon as I heard something sliding across the drywall I knew what it was! Got the sawzall and cut out a section and there he was, a 5 foot black snake. Couldn't catch him as he slid down an opening in the wall. Took about 6 months until he made another appearance. I send them off to a far better place! I finally figured out how they were getting in and repaired that immediately!!! My barn cats are falling down on the job. I've seen them chase snakes and catch them. Saw a young one dragging a black snake down the sidewalk once. ...CR

Latest posts

Back