i got a early halloween scare

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why be surprised at some of the statements? Cops are no different than Doctors, Lawyers, Preachers, etc............there are good ones and bad ones. I can see NO reason for a cop to walk up to someone on their property and say "I think you are running a meth lab here !" A good lawyer would have a field day if they tried to arrest the person on such flimsy evidence . Even Alabama has laws protecting citizens as I recall.

Don
Cops, like any average citizen, has the right to walk up to your front door and knock, like the postman, UPS driver, etc..........Until you asked them to leave.

Based on the odor, he has the right to ask about it and ask permission to search.........Until you say no!

If you say no, he must get a warrant. If you don't object, it's called "Implied Consent".

Based on what was written, I don't see anything wrong.

That is why, when I was still working, I carried a tape recorder because cops are guilty, until they can prove their innocence.

Last edited:
To me I'd take just the oposite side of this issue!! I would be glad to know the officers where doing there job!! If it inconvenienced me a little so be it!!
The police have a hard enough time trying to keep up with the crackheads, as it is!! It does seem a little odd about them saying they smelled it though. Maybe a neighbor called and they were just covering for them?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. And I truly beleive this.....no one comes into my home or my property without invite. I really beleive law officers are under appreciated and under paid for the services they *sometimes* provide. But not at the expense of any of my God given rights...

That becomes a very slippery slope. It is sold to us as "If you are doing nothing wrong, why should you care if we snoop into your life a little?" Then it becomes "If you are doing nothing wrong, why should you care if we put cameras up everywhere?" Pretty soon it will be, "If you are doing nothing wrong why should you care if we come into your home and look around?"

I am all for police having the tools to do what they need to do to apprehend criminals, as long as the civil rights of everyday, law abiding citizens are not infringed upon. There is a fine line between their need to know and our right to privacy. We just want to be careful what rights we give up.

Don

I have to agree with most of the comments on here. Cops deserve respect for the work that they do, as I know I would not want to do it. But I have ran into enough power tripping officers to know that you can not always trust their intentions 100%. The fact one officer stayed with you while the others walked around is what I would be basing my complaints on. They can come up and ask all the questions all they want, but no way would I be letting them walk around unattended on my property...

If they wanted me to show them around, i don't think I'd have a problem with that, but just them searching on their own would be a no go..

Years ago, I had a 64 Malibu SS, tunnel rammed SBC big cam, loud as heck..but legal..

I get pulled over in town one night, one officer takes me to his car to write me a warning for noise,he seems cool..other one is looking over the car.. comes back to the officer i was sitting with and tells him i have two broken headlights..so i get a ticket instead of a warning...I go have a look before i drive off, there is the glass from my headlights on the front bumper and on the ground underneath..he had knocked them out..I know theres good cops out there, also some trash too.. Since then, I don't trust them unless they prove they are worthy of it..

Tim

I didn`t mean to offend anyone with what I said.:( Like Don said, "There are good cops and bad cops. But I have seen and met a few who think just because they have a uniform and badge they can be smart- alecks. But then again, I met smart-alecks without a badge or uniform so.... C`est la vie.

I have never had a run in with the law:rolleyes:, well there was that one time, and the one time before that, and that other time after that one time, that gals dad was right I am a trouble maker[ddd. I was in court one time (seems I had a trend going) the judge called out some guys name and no one went up to the stand, The judge looked at the ticket and told the hi-pro he didn't sign the ticket he gave out, so the hi-pro walked up to the stand took the ticket looked at it then signed the thing[S I have had some dealings with real bad cops but in the same return I have had a cop or two save my bacon. I have found if they come off as jerks we are going to have problems, but come up to me with respect I'll return respect. I also can understand that some cops come off as (*$*%$(%& after dealing with some of the people they have to deal with. some times I have to ask people " Did your pa:eek:rents have any children that lived"

I used to be naive and think as long as I was innocent, I had nothing to hide or worry about. Well I know first hand just how the "good ol boy" system can work against you.Be polite, but I wouldnt let them wonder around my place without a warrant.

Latest posts

Back