I got rear ended

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomech

Mr. Willys
So im coming home from hooters Heading west on the 60 freeway minding my own buisness,and i feel somebody rear end me i was going at least 70 and still got hit pretty good...we pull over,i get out and say
what tha f$@k and the dude shakes his head and says "I was reaching for my cell phone" i look down and he was in a 1995 dodge neon.
the hood was pushed all the way back into his windshield which was now shattered,his radiator was cut in half and draining the top of his battery was ripped off both headlights were smashed

So i turn around and look at the back of the suburban.......Nothing,nothing but water was on my rig no scratches dents dings nothing
He went right under me and my tow hitch saved the ass of the truck
my wife got out and saw the car and started laughing.I cant believe how much damage was caused

70+ mph and reaching for a cellphone. Is'nt technology grand. Serves him right. Glad everyone was O.K. though, way too many tradgedies because of cellphones and texting.

That was Nature trying to weed out the stupid. Reaching for a cell phone at 70mph should at least result in the loss of a Neon. Glad you, your wife and the 'Burb are ok.

Moto,
Wonder how that guy felt with your wife laughing at his car! That is funny!

Beercan

Yeah he felt pretty bad,we were laughing all the way home
There was another couple who stopped and told the police thay they had witnessed the whole thing,and the police told them that i wasnt going to file a report or press charges they seemed shocked and said "There not,but why?"
They seemed mad at me now for not pressing charges...some people?

Hope you at least did a police report to protect yourself. These idiots have a way of coming back after you a couple of years down the road claiming YOU were at fault.

Something has got to be done Nationwide to make it illegal to talk while driving a car, it is becoming a bigger problem than drinking and driving IMO.

Don

Hope you at least did a police report to protect yourself. These idiots have a way of coming back after you a couple of years down the road claiming YOU were at fault.

Something has got to be done Nationwide to make it illegal to talk while driving a car, it is becoming a bigger problem than drinking and driving IMO.

Don

Yeah,i gota report my butt is covered....as far as cell phones being banned..I'm torn on this subject cuz i talk on them too alot while driving
i know it can be a problem for some drivers and not for others so i dont know?

Is it just me or do almost all of these reports involve a cell phone. I am on several forums and lately this is the 4th or 5th person who has been rear ended by someone on the phone or texting. Nobody gets rear ended by drunks anymore, so what is more dangerous? Drunk driving ot cell driving.

Glad you are OK

Just to add to the debate, using a cell phone while driving IS illegal here in the UK it comes under the charge "driving without due care and attention" we have as much advertising against it as we do against drunk driving may be more...

Glad you and your wife are OK, and on the up side it's 1 less Neon clogging up your roads. :)

Is'nt it funny that 10 years ago i didnt have a cell phone and didn't care but today i cant even mow the yard without having it on me. isnt technology great.......lol

Just to add to the debate, using a cell phone while driving IS illegal here in the UK it comes under the charge "driving without due care and attention" we have as much advertising against it as we do against drunk driving may be more...

Glad you and your wife are OK, and on the up side it's 1 less Neon clogging up your roads. :)

We need that really urgently here. I think the reason we don't have those laws is because most of the lawmakers would be guilty too.
I know I'm an old fart but who is everyone talking to? They're talking in the grocery store, in the video store, in the car, everywhere. I set down to dinner at my sisters and her teen age sons can't set through a meal with out texting a couple times. I can't have a conversation with another human anymore without spending 10 minutes toe-tapping while they yap to someone on the cell phone. Darn things are like some kind of social hemroid.

It's illegal here in South Africa too but everybody does it as much as speeding. Even though the fines are pretty stiff people just don't seem to care. That's why I got me a GPS with built in Bluetooth as it then acts as a hand-free unit also.

Glad you guys are OK!

Everybody has the d*** things. One day I actually saw a homeless guy pushing a shopping cart with all his belongings in it, AND HE WAS TALKING ON HIS CELL PHONE !! :D:D

I also love the people who can't even hang up long enough to check out their groceries..........they carry on a conversation as if the world will come to an end if they don't have that little talk. :mad::mad: In the meantime everyone behind them in line is dying to say "HANG UP THE D*** PHONE and pay for your purchase!! :mad:

Don

Glad everyone is alright; I drive a 91 burb with a push guard on the front and a huge back bumper, 4'' lift with 35s. Lots of metal to go through to get to me. The other day I was going to work and this lady was going 60 plus with a cell phone in one hand, putting eye makeup on with the other hand and driving with her elbow.:eek: I let her get a long ways ahead of me.:eek::eek:

I also love the people who can't even hang up long enough to check out their groceries..........they carry on a conversation as if the world will come to an end if they don't have that little talk. :mad::mad: In the meantime everyone behind them in line is dying to say "HANG UP THE D*** PHONE and pay for your purchase!! :mad:

Don

absofuginlutley not! I have customers on occasion who come in to my shop like that. I just stand there and stare at them and if need be I give them the "hang up your phone" hand jesture untill they hang up thier phone. if they expect my full attention, they need to give me their full attention. There is NO conversation in the world that cant wait 3 minutes.

Latest posts

Back