I have a problem

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project40

Is there any hope for me? I keep telling myself to focus on one thing and finish it but then my mind starts to wonder and I come across great deals I don't want to pass up. At least I don't have the money to buy any of these new projects so I'll have to restrain myself. Just keep saying no more projects, no more projects, no more projects... Must finish shoebox, must finish shoebox...

My advice is get focused. I have left a trail of halfdone cars halfway across this planet and at 50 I decided I would focus on one build and quit being so scattered out and always spending my money on another car that I saw redeeming value in. Now I just aquire them to resell and will not start another project until this one is done. The only exception would be to "accumulate" cheap or free parts for my next big idea, but even that is dangerously distractive.

One car @ a time!!!

I too am very focused & only have 1 project @ a time!!! And my ex-wife said I had ADD!!! Hey, I can add!!! ; - >

BoB

I have always said, it takes time, and money to build a car. The best builds have both at the same time, along with accumulated parts.

I usually have no time, so I buy cars and parts when I find them. "One of these days" I'll either build them, or sell them. I like to say they are investments, (I didn't say they were a good investment). But I am fortunate enough to live in the country, with storage room.

Focus is another thing. When I get the time I ususally set a time frame. Like, I am going to get this done by a certain car show.

Set yourself little goals in the build process. Don't concentrate on the shiny paint at the end.

The strange part is, the majority of us suffer from the same disease you do. We would bring every project home we could find if we had the space and money. I'm as guilty of it as anyone, and one time my ex-GF said to me, "HOW MANY CARS DO YOU NEED?????" Of course she was right, so I left her so I would have more time to look for more projects. :p:D:D:D

Don

at one point i owned 5 cars.....only one was driveable....got it down to three....then it ballooned to five again but two were driveable. I've finally found a happy medium. Two drivers (although my driver is old and classic and could break down any minute) and one project. I have finally realized that all those "good" deals are nothing more then distractions. I could always come up with $400 for a car but could never manage to spend $400 on a tool or a much needed part. I think i have it reversed now :p.

i find that one hour a day makes a differance at the end of a week.it'shard when you work all the time butif you force your self for at least thatone hour then things will get don .
i like having other projects to bounce around from one to another.if one gets streesfull then i work on the other one for awhile.but i like working on them more than driving them any ways!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back