I hope we don't get like the HAMB

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

He's just one of them Rusty-Chainers!
I have noticed that the HAMB is becoming a lousy place to even look through. There are post that may have nothing to do with "traditional rods" but are good, get the boot. What is even worse is the willy nilly way in which they do it. I will not re-up in the dictatorship, oops, I mean alliance when it comes due. This is a much better place to hang. Thanks for letting me vent.

Been a member there for several years and have no problems except the FNGs who won't read the stickys. I know the rules and don't try to post stuff that won't fly. I have had a couple threads deleted but it doesn't ruffle my feathers at all. I usually pm Ryan about it and he explains. The whole ratrod thing got out of hand over there and they put up a fliter that won't even let you say the words because it causes such a poop storm everytime the subject comes up. There are people (lots of people) who really dislike that label. It isn't for everyone but for some reason people really want to belong and feel rejected when their interests are not accepted, kinda like you want to hang out with the cool hoodlums but you are really not their kind of cool, or a hoodlum. Or it's like if you are a really good bondo man and want the guys who use only lead to like you or something. If it doesn't fit just move on. I have had to move on from a couple other hotrod forums because they just didn't fit anymore. No harm, no fowl.

Last edited:
TRR section?

Maybe someone can help me. I have been searching the HAMB for the traditional rat rod section and can't seem to find it. Am I doing something wrong? :eek:

Beercan

I'm an old guy. Been fooling around with hot rods all my life. And, I've learned a lot on the HAMB site. I've never started a thread because there's too many critics. And, I don't provide many answers to questions because there's plenty of other people willing to jump in. I've PM'd a number of guys and had good responses and great information provided. I hate the bad language. I think they're schitzophrenic about what are acceptable and unacceptable cars. But, what do I care?

I was looking on the hamb about the rat rod rumble that was here(east TN) last sat 26. And read that a lot of them are putting the show down because of the name. They were a lot of nice cars and quick cars there. And some one was telling my cousion (deuces high chevy II gasser) doesnt belong there. I not a member there, was going to join but not if they are like that. I guess if its not a Boyd type car, they dont like them.:confused:
Tim

Traditional VW section!

Timbo,
Maybe the traditional rat rod section on the HAMB is near the traditional VW section. Let me know if you find either! :eek::eek:

Beercan

I think Willowbilly is very accurate with his view. I also see it the same way. Every single forum, including this one, has a "personality" that can be insulted by unsuspecting posters. The only way to know if you "fit" into the crowd so to speak, is to be a bystander for a while to see if it's your kind of place. Like he said, don't be mad if you don't fit the mold, just move on to a forum that you enjoy. That's what I've done. :D

i can agree with some of what you guys are saying but there should be a boundry set by ryan of certain respectful lines not to cross. im sure there are some issues that have come up here but i have yet to see them. its just disappointing that you turn to others that you know have more experience and knowledge, try to learn and get advise... and all they want to do is bash you because your views arent like theirs. and i understand no one person is going to have the same likes/dislikes or degree of respect as someone else. i believe there is a standard here that is met and exceeded and if that standard is put out front and known then it will be respected.

the old saying.... "opinions are like ********, everyone has one!" true.... but not everyone needs to fart out loud!!!

Well, once you get past some of the more vocal guys, there is a wealth of knowledge there. I have had some guys answer my questions that have been members for 4-5 years and have maybe 100 posts. If you sit back and listen there is a lot of really knowledgable guys that don't take part in the bashing.
A few years back it was worse, way worse. I got dogpiled when I first joined by running my mouth (what?me?). I got bitchslapped but I backed a couple of them down, told them that people do not talk to me that way and if we was face to face somebody would be left bleeding in the dirt. Then silence, never had another problem. But I learned that I had to pay my dues too. I think you will also find that most of the bashers are not the old time members. A lot of the members have newer, even goofy cars like Gremlins and stuff, they just don't talk about them.

Something to think about,
Not that long ago, right here on RRR, there was a thread bashing the hell out of another forum, and it wasn't the HAMB so as you can see no forum is immune to being rude to another.

Something to think about,
Not that long ago, right here on RRR, there was a thread bashing the hell out of another forum, and it wasn't the HAMB so as you can see no forum is immune to being rude to another.

Every now and then people like to vent a little no matter what forum it is!

Beercan

My point was basically that they try to pass themselves off as a traditional car page only. But some of the car stuff gets pulled by the moderators and not the other BS stuff. I'm glad we have the BS Lounge, it helps relate on more than an automotive level. This section is the perfect place for b-day, anniversary, prayer and other things. But over there a lot of these threads stay on the main board while car topics get pulled.

My point was basically that they try to pass themselves off as a traditional car page only. But some of the car stuff gets pulled by the moderators and not the other BS stuff. I'm glad we have the BS Lounge, it helps relate on more than an automotive level. This section is the perfect place for b-day, anniversary, prayer and other things. But over there a lot of these threads stay on the main board while car topics get pulled.

Good point

I signed onto HAMB before I found RRR. In my first post I said that I had a traditional hot rod but I wanted to build a ratrod. My first reply was that they didn't like the word ratrod and I wouldn't be allowed to talk about ratrods there. It didn't make me mad it just told me that I was at the wrong place. I have a very beautiful traditional 30 Model A. It's cool and it draws crowds everywhere I go. I know all about it. I know all I want to know about traditional rods. I think ratrods are the "new wave" and I want to ride that wave. I've worked two jobs for the last 28 years and now I'm down to one and have time to build something interesting. I want to learn all I can and I've found the right place right here on RRR. I'm a christian and I don't want to hear a lot of vulgar language and bashing others. This site is as good as it gets. I have gotten a lot of ideas and encouragement from y'all and I appreciate it. Thanks to all of you for giving me a good place to learn. Harleyboy

Latest posts

Back