I Made A Car Trade (pics)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
I mentioned this in the custom car photo thread but I don't want to sidetrack that thread. I traded my 1934 Ford Tudor project and all the associated parts I have gathered for this 1951 Mercury. I'm burried in projects and I wanted a custom (or kustom if you prefer) so I struck a deal and now I have possession of this thing. It's not as nice as it appears in photos but it's a solid driver and has the look and specific custom touches I was after. I can make my improvements and upgrades as I drive it.

Chopped 6" front, 8" rear. 53 Buick headlights, 54 DeSoto grille, bla bla bla......

Check this video a previous owner made for a good overall view... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGqmHOeygyE

Aaahhhh yeah!, excellent score.. that is a good trade in my opinion also. So now you and Pop have mercs! Cool.. btw how is your dad doing?

Yep when i was 16 i could have had a good running no rust one dent '50 Merc tudor on a carlot for $37.50.
suicide.gif

I'm absolutely floored, Bill, on a lot of levels ! :eek: When I read the part about you getting rid of the 34 I said NOOOOOOOOOO !!! I knew that car was your retirement car and it just surprised me that you gave it up at all.

But when I saw the Merc and the video, I understand a little more. First off, it is GORGEOUS !!!!! WOW WOW WOW ! The look is perfect and I don't see one little thing I would change. You found a really good car there, congratulations. :D

I guess you found out what we all do at times, the car we thought we wanted so bad isn't really THE ONE when you get it. Plus, you already have one bitchin' hot rod, so having a custom AND a rod is actually pretty cool.

I love the new one. Now you and your Pop have matching customs. :D:D

Don

PS, get yourself a t shirt and roll a pack of Lucky's up in the sleeve..........you Rebel, you.:cool:

Nice Merc, Gas. I know with your meticulous approach it will become darn near perfect and will become "your" car.
I think the Ford Model 40 is the most beautiful car to build into a rod, bar none. And I'm guessing if you didn't have so much work on your plate you might have built the sedan.

very nice.. Looks like a good trade to me... although I was looking forward to the build thread for the 34

I'm jealous

Nice custom it has all the right nostalgia stuff done. It makes me kinda of sad because I did not finish our 51'. Have lots of fun and by all means put your own touches on it. Otherwise it is not your ride. Steve

Latest posts

Back