I may be moving again... SOON!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well... Mrs Tripper & I have been looking for our own lil piece of heaven out in the boonies (I'm sick of the big city & all their stupid rules & taxes). We found a pretty wooded place with a nice house & lots of out buildings & a HUGE shop! I'd be able to have all my cars, motors/trannies, my wood & metal workin' stuff all in one place again! I'm pretty fired up & hopefully it'll work out! Fingers & toes crossed!!! [dr[dr[dr

BoB

Don't think you could pay me enough to do city livin...if ya call it livin.

Good luck hope you get the place. Pus when you sell you place you can sell it "As Seen On TV"

With all the open spaces Texas has to offer, it should be no problem finding a cool place, Bob. I grew up in the country and really miss having a few acres to separate me from the nearest neighbor.

Good luck with the move. :)

Don

good luck to you sir!!! Mrs Neverdone and I have been looking for quite some time for our own little slice of heaven. One day we might have it too.....

Right on, we've been country dwellers for a very long time.
This is the view from our front porch.
Nearest neighbor is a 1/4 mile away

Creek.jpg

Creek2.jpg

Hope yours is all you wish for.
It's more like a sanctuary to live in the country

I only have 2 1/2 acres. But I planted 1,200 trees and bushes (myself) when we built 20 years ago. It's pretty enclosed now. Couldn't do well in a close neighborhood anymore.

Hoping it works out for you.

tripper that is why i always stayed in the porter/new caney area, but it ain't country no more. when i did live in houston i always rented.

Good folks

There's good people out there in the country.

Attachments

• thCAYOLUAO.jpg
    thCAYOLUAO.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 10
  • thCALFJKMI.jpg
    thCALFJKMI.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 9
That's why I moved out in the middle of no where. Got tired of the noise and people. Now I'm live on the back side of my 20 acers with nobody around. I have a couple neighbors, but I don't care what they do and they return the favor.

All the best to you and the misses Tripper....

I don't really live in the country per se....but the area is not Big City and I'm a happy camper where I'm at....hope your plan works out......Best of luck....

here's hopin it works out for ya, we all need to see our fearless leader with a nice big shop for all the gang to borrow[ddd

seriously tho, I have never really lived in a big city, but when I lived in a "town" I didn't really like it... life is better in the country:cool:

movin out to the sticks

Hey Tripper

I hear you on the all the hustle and bustle...my son moved to NE Kansas in 2003 and from the very first time I set foot in his state I knew I was gonna have to move there....I am less than 5 years from moving to the mid-west. I dont wanna build...I wanna find an existing smelly old place to raise some chickens and do some gardening....right now I live in upstate NY and the place is over run with citidiot folks ever since Sept 11, 2001. They drive way too fast and they are extremely pushy too...very rude too...

So I payed off my house last fall so now I am taking that money every month and putting it in my savings so I can leave this area in 2017. I wanna pay cash for my next place...I visit the midwest at least once a year and it keeps getting harder and harder to come back East...

Keep us in the loop on the move...good luck on finding your place in the sticks...

MikeC

What?! Who am I supposed to borrow an engine lift from now? :D

I grew up in the middle of nowhere VA and I was bored/lonely as hell. I like the city...but I can see me getting sick of it and moving out someday, esp if I was retired.

It sure would be nice to drive the cars on open roads instead of stoplight to stoplight though!!

BTW - I still have your engine lift [ddd

Latest posts

Back