I saw the red & blue lights... again!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well kats & kittens... the ol Tripper's been pulled over many times but tonight while drivin' the Chevelle to the new digs I got pulled over for of all things... changing lanes without signaling! I'd been waiting to register my cars in the new county so it had lapsed & i got some paperwork for that but he only warned me for the lane change! Funny git'n pulled over for mindin' my own biz & not even speedin' or any of my usual err... shall we say... activities! Guess it was a karma payback! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

I didn't think you TV celebrities got pulled over. :D Funny thing is that I have been following cops and watched them roll through stop signs, not use their turn signals, speed (when not on a call) and doing everything else we would get pulled over for. Can you say "double standard" ?

Don

At least ur not one of those guys that leave your signal on for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.

Bet you get that registration caught up a little faster than you might have tho.
I've been pulled over because they just wanted to look at the car.
Didn't know if i should have been angry or happy they didn't look at it too close. :rolleyes:

At least ur not one of those guys that leave your signal on for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.

That's pretty much driving in Florida in a nutshell. See it all the time.

I didn't think you TV celebrities got pulled over. :D Funny thing is that I have been following cops and watched them roll through stop signs, not use their turn signals, speed (when not on a call) and doing everything else we would get pulled over for. Can you say "double standard" ?

Don

Up here we have some fairly new cell phone/texting laws has a nice little fine associated with it. I see more on duty officers in marked cars talking on cellphones then I can count.

You guys been following me again !!!! :eek: Last week I was driving down the interstate and started getting an alarm from my car. It was the sensor that tells you if you have your turnsignal on and haven't made a turn for a while. The first time it did it I wondered what the heck was going on, and then I just realized it was the car saying "Hey Dummy, turn the darned signal off !!!!!:eek: To make it worse, the dashboard lights up and says, Turn signal on !!!.

Don

"Hey Dummy, turn the darned signal off !!!!!:eek: To make it worse, the dashboard lights up and says, Turn signal on !!!.

Don[/QUOTE]

Don,
That's exactly what my wife tells me but her dashboard doesn't light up.
Maybe a loose connection. I better check it out!

When was the last time you saw anybody use arm signals? Way back in the sixties lots of people did, I did because most of the cars I drove didn't have operable signals. Nowadays I guess people are afraid of dropping their cell phones in the street.

When was the last time you saw anybody use arm signals? Way back in the sixties lots of people did, I did because most of the cars I drove didn't have operable signals. Nowadays I guess people are afraid of dropping their cell phones in the street.

LOL I get the goofiest looks from people when I drive my coupster. It has no signals so I use hand signals.

I don't think anybody knows what they are anymore. I even get people waving when I signal for a right, they must think I am waving at them.

If a cop has read the Vehicle Code Book and knows it well, he can legally stop anything on the road. When rookies rode with me, I would point out new cars and challenge them to find a vehicle code that allowed me to stop them. If they didn't, I would stop them anyway and explain the code they violated. Also, City/County Ordinances were your friends too.

Up here we have some fairly new cell phone/texting laws has a nice little fine associated with it. I see more on duty officers in marked cars talking on cellphones then I can count.

because they think they "MAKE" the laws instead of just being a person to enforce them

Latest posts

Back