ID Help? Buildable?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurk

Hey all, I hope this is the correct forum for this...

Feast your eyes on this rusty beauty. I need help identifying this auto, and maybe someone to point me toward some pics of what this could/should look like. Also, any random thoughts that pop into your heads would be most welcomed. What would you do with it, if it were in your shop, etc...

Short story; yes, those are bullet holes, and yes this car rolled into this canyon. To retrieve it, I will need to persuade 3-4 of my friends to help carry it about a mile to where it might be trailered to safety. Enjoy.

Dan

Attachments

• Bullet Holes and Rust.jpg
    Bullet Holes and Rust.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 60
I'd at least grab the hinges, maybe anything else that looked savable, but it's pretty rough. looks like late thirties early forties something.

Looks like a '36-'37 somethin'. Grab the trunk hinges, dash and anything else that's not completely trashed and move on! The only way you should even think of tackling that is if you've got 3-4 complete builds under your belt. If not, there're so many other projects out there!

It's a 1937 or 1938 Chevy coupe. I can't tell which with the missing parts. She looks pretty rough. It would take a good metal man a some patience to save her.

street legal race car

l still say its a great start for a street legal vintage modified circle track style car:D

don't have to worry about fenders, side & rear glass and if ya find doors they don't havta be perfect. 3/8'' or so lexan for a windshield.

find someone who quit racing or CL for a cheap chassis.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• 6%20cylinder%20rat%20rod.jpg
    6%20cylinder%20rat%20rod.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 36%20Side%20Left%201400.jpg
    36%20Side%20Left%201400.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 61354638.jpg
    61354638.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 87131h2_20.jpg
    87131h2_20.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
  • getting%20the%20car%20ready.jpg
    getting%20the%20car%20ready.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 4
  • modified chassis.jpg
    modified chassis.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
  • modified chassis.jpg 1.jpg
    modified chassis.jpg 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2
  • VictoryCircleChassis.jpg
    VictoryCircleChassis.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 3
  • untitled v.jpg
    untitled v.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3
  • New Imagec.jpg
    New Imagec.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3
You guys are looking at it all wrong. The top is already lowered and it's had plenty of body modification done to it. Even has aerodynamic lightening holes! ...and great patina. You might need to straighten the windshield frame to get glass in it, but other than that,...well... maybe some doors too. Other than that, it's ready for a frame. :D:D

Latest posts

Back