ID help..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa-sho

hi!

as i told in my hello post, i came to the point that i MUST build a ratrod, and i MUST do it now:)
this is the only object i can find, that match what ive been looking for.
it looks like crap now, but the body looks like it can be used to meet my dreams.
the price isnt bad either.

but the owner has no clue what the body comes from.. the frame is a 83 caprice, and engine is a mb 450 v8.. dont know what ill do, but might just rebuild the entire thing out of whats there. ill have to see when i drag it home. the most important thing is the body.

plans would be chop, channel, low and mean. a small bed, no fenders, no trunk and so on.. im sure you can see it in there somewhere:)

thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 5206644179.jpg
    5206644179.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 96
  • 5287913706.jpg
    5287913706.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 5291981513.jpg
    5291981513.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 66
Wow! That's crazy looking!? The front fenders look like they came off a big truck. Probably the whole front end. Weird how the hood doesn't reach the cab. Did they move the front clip forward to clear the frame or what?

hehe i have no clue!
looks like they started building from the back, and alligned the rearwheels with the fenders.. and when they came to the front, the engine needed an extra foot of space..

i havent bought it yet, but seems like its gonna happen.

if i build of whats there, ill shorten the bed, and move everything back- a long way.
ohh- did you see the 2x6" runningboards! hehe..

but if you see beyond all the crazyness of the truck, i think it can be a nice one with some x hours of work..

kinda looks like they stretched the sides of the engine compartment but not the hood. and did something with those fenders. looks like you'd have to stretch the frame or shrink the body.

if you get it, i would do something with the engine compartment. it looks really out of place like that. the hood should fit and the rims look weird sitting that far back in the fenders.

if you can get it for a good price then i say it looks like a good project to work on. kinda looks like a Studabaker cab to me, but that windsheild is what is throwing me off.

Just remember, there's nothing that can't be fixed or changed! Go for it...CR
ps. I think I would change the name on the door!!!!

Just thinkin out loud here ,there might just be a reason for that name on the door . If what you can't see is as bad as what you can see , free would be too much to pay for it .

Just remember, there's nothing that can't be fixed or changed! Go for it...CR
ps. I think I would change the name on the door!!!!

exactly[;)

Just thinkin out loud here ,there might just be a reason for that name on the door . If what you can't see is as bad as what you can see , free would be too much to pay for it .

well..
the price on this thing is about what i would have to give if ive found the cab-bed-hood-grill in pieces in a barn..
good thing is that you wont be there wanting to buy, so i might get it even cheaper;)

Well if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck...

it dosent quack like one..

hehe whatever.. i see gold here.. thats what makes us all different isnt it?

im still interested in anyones guess in make and model though:)

Ok you got me curious,I cant figure this thing out.Can u look inside for any brand or vin markings? Is it in the states?The windshield being one piece and the round cab says its around 36-40'. The door handle recess is very unique and the line on the door doesnt fit a ford,chevy,dodge,international,studebaker.I know the front clip probably came off a car or something. So could somebody please tell me what cab this is.LOL

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 22
yeah, was thinking hard myself..
i actually came to think its a volvo! im in norway, but the "car" is in sweden.
(volvo is swedish)

i had a volvo tp21 once, and think i might recognise those lines on the door.
searched for volvo -bamse -912 -starke but the lines actually matches the tp21 the best.. (but thats not a pickup..)

ill dig more tomorrow, but this might be a lead:)

Whew, Ill be able to sleep now tonight.LOL I was wearing "google" out.Looks like it will make a good rod. Wish I had it over here in OK. would be having them scratching their heads.LOL

whooa! yeah, thats the one!
Thanks!

altough i dont think its the exsact same production year.. looks like the side windows is slightly bigger, and the slope on the windscreen is steeper..
but you nailed it! no question if thats the one.
the fun thing is that the hood and grille is actually original to the body.. who would have thought..

il see if i can find a vintag when it get here, to get the year..
oohh i forgot to tell you.. i came to an agreement with the owner, so this thing is heading my way in a week or two!

cant wait to get started[;)
thanks again:)

Latest posts

Back