If its not one thing, its another

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440shorty

Well, as you all know, my shop-mate Pete died June 8 of this year. His widow at first said not to worry, we'll carry on Pete's legacy. Three months later, I have to get my stuff out before the auctioneer shows up. At least she waited until I was through with my 90 day probation at my new job. Now begins the huge task of moving my junk.

On a good note, I found an affordable garage that is managed by my "blood" brother - we meet later this week to finalize. Hopefully, I can get moved this month and get back to work on my truck.

440shorty

Good luck on the new direction.... sometimes don't you feel like a pinball?
I expect you will be going to the auction, good luck there too.

auction

Well, By the time we call it even, I'll just about have everything I should before the auction. It wouldn't hurt to go, if there are things that she won't give me, but I doubt I'll have any spare change by then. She owes me big time already. I'm being nice, but I am not pleased.

440shorty

The only thing in life that is constant is change...

I couldnt agree with this statment more, after 10 months of running my business (3-4 employees), trying to build 3 projects, buing a house, and now getting married with the BIG bbq party its a constant state of change. All I can say is find what makes you happy and stick with it. It really sucks working with somebody who moves on and then the new operator dosnt have the same drive to keep it going, and closes up I have seen it before.

Oh yea, and leave with as much stuff in your back pocket :cool:

Latest posts

Back