If you had to choose...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbird.

Attachments

• thunderbird1.jpg
    thunderbird1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 16
  • thunderbird2.jpg
    thunderbird2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 15
  • thunderbird3.jpg
    thunderbird3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 15
  • thunderbird4.jpg
    thunderbird4.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
  • thunderbird.jpg
    thunderbird.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 14
Firechicken

Attachments

• transam4.jpg
    transam4.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 13
  • transam3.jpg
    transam3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 12
  • transam2.jpg
    transam2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 13
  • transam1.jpg
    transam1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 13
  • transam.jpg
    transam.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 13
also firechicken

Attachments

• transam5.jpg
    transam5.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12
  • transam6.jpg
    transam6.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 11
  • transam7.jpg
    transam7.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
  • transam8.jpg
    transam8.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 11
  • transam9.jpg
    transam9.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 13
this is the post he sent me...

I have a 1964 Thunderbird. Runs and drives but will need a tune up. I purchased the car 4 years ago as a project and little by little I have put into the car. Everything is original, engine... interior... seats... steering wheel. Paint job under the current paint is the original which was like a cream/white. Current paint I bought car with is a maroon but is chipping off and will need a paint job.

I have a 1981 Trans Am T-Tops with original 400 engine and 400 transmission. Blue with eagle emblem on hood. The back seat is black.. original and never been sat on. The front seats will need to be replaced. The car use to run last year and then I started to rebuild the engine.. I sent the heads to be rebuilt but I did not have the timing chain changed so the car will turn on and shuts off hot.

I have a 1967 Chrysler Newport Coupe. Everything is original. A project. Seats are original but are tore. The paint is original but has its aged wear. Engine is original. Don't know much about the engine. The car does run. I was told there was a 440 Engine but not sure.

If you are still interested let me know and I can get pictures to you of the ones your interested in.. I do have clean titles in hand for each car.

I thought this spot was a rust hole (see pic) But since I enlarged it, it looks like the antennae. If you don't take the TA, let me know, I'll take it ;)

Newport or Bird, it's close. No interest in the T/A. I'd rather the Newport, but the Bird seems a little more cruise ready.

T Bird looks to be in the best shape. Newport has rust holes and is missing parts that will be hard to find. TA looks too ghetto to me with the chrome wheel well molding. It's also missing some parts looks like and the engine sounds iffy.

I still vote T Bird.

Poncho

By 1981, the Pontiac 400 was long dead (RIP 1978) and the turbo 400 transmission was no longer available in Firebird/Trans-Am cars. So the original engine (and transmission) is most likely long gone. The engine is a Pontiac, and looks to be a 'regular' one (i.e. 326/350/400 etc) not the "low deck" 301 that might have come in the car. Since the late model Pontiac V8's look the same, they all must be 400s, right? Check casting numbers if you feel like the Trans Am is what you want, and peek at the transmission too.

By the pictures, the T-Bird holds the most value and is in the best shape. If none of these really float your boat, but you can exchange the '49 yard art for a titled car that you can then resell, go T-Bird.

440shorty

The T-bird looks to be in the best shape and most road ready. Id like the Newport, but my dad use to have one back in the day. The T/A has an ever increasing value, the price of those ponchos is going up every year.

So the verdict is in. Went to see the cars today and didn't get past the t-bird. Shes a beauty. I want to say that it has any option that they offered. 390, air conditioning(pump is still there but not hooked up) seats are in great shape. Needs some tlc and bst (blood, sweat, and tears) but its a solid car. Saw the TA and its just not something I want to deal with. Didn't even go to see the Newport. Hopefully I will make the deal this week sometime and bring it home.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Already go ideas for the Tbird and don't have it home yet...[dr

Attachments

• 0_IMG_0795.jpg
    0_IMG_0795.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 10187662_2010629205023.jpg
    10187662_2010629205023.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 10
  • pic_mytbird_rod.jpg
    pic_mytbird_rod.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10