If you have never posted.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Hi, I'm BoB... I'm very shy & barely post anything & just lurk in the background.. guess that's about it! [S

Hi, I'm Jon and I'm not too shy I just haven't posted much but I have only been around a couple days.:) My dad was a long time hot rodder so that's how I got into it. The car in my avatar was his last build, a '29 Model A. I inherited his '51 Chevy 2 door hardtop that I have ridden around in since I was 3 years old. I have a '64 Chevy truck that I need to put back together and a couple of Harleys that I have built. I was in the Army for 10 years and then became a pipe welder here on the Houston ship channel in the refineries. I now work as a reactor operator at a plant and have plenty of time for my projects. So get ready, I have a lot of newbie questions I'm gonna be posting soon!

Hello my name is Randall...I live in N GA. I have 2 projects [going very slow work is not good these days] one is a 49 IH Rat Rod or hot rod..and the other is a 52 chevy business coupe gasser..how i got my name Ratsnest was when i bought my 49 IH it was full of ratsnest ..Didnt know if i could say Rat Rod are not seams to be a bad word these days but that is what my 49 will be... anyway thats a little about me and my junk...

Hello my name is Randall...I live in N GA. I have 2 projects [going very slow work is not good these days] one is a 49 IH Rat Rod or hot rod..and the other is a 52 chevy business coupe gasser..how i got my name Ratsnest was when i bought my 49 IH it was full of ratsnest ..Didnt know if i could say Rat Rod are not seams to be a bad word these days but that is what my 49 will be... anyway thats a little about me and my junk...

Hi Randall, this is a Rat Rod forum, you can say it all you like! :D Only one site that I know of that's a bad word.

So say it loud and proud. RAT ROD RULE!

Howdeeee! (props to Minnie Pearl for you old guys)

My name is Tim. been married 31 yrs.to Peg we have 2 kids, daughter(a banker) son( a chef) both live in Denver,Co. drove a truck & Caddy's all my life. love english bulldogs ,motorcycles, tattoos,women, sunsets,sunrises...........sorry got off track .....we're building a '59 Apache/15' canned ham hotrod rig right now. Love goin' to car shows.
Just bought a trailer for behind our HD bagger "Chubby" so we can bring an extra toothbrush when we visit our kids every summer. A yearly 5 or 6 thousand miles on the bike clears the head. Had a burger at a cool little car show with DMW & his better-half once.(still owe them a chile-burger):D
Now just jammin' as much fun into life as we can before it's all over.
Feel free to check out my awesome dysfunkshunal family at;
www.DriftersCC.com
and some pictures of our life at; http://community.webshots.com/user/ellwood59

Last edited:
Very cool. We are actually hearing from some of you who we don't normally get to talk too much with. [cl

I think we did get a couple of ringers in there though.........I think we've seen that Tripper guy once or twice before.[ddev

Keep on comin'............

Don

Here it goes. I been around cars and bikes all my life. When I was a kid my father built a 1935 Ford pickup with an olds engine in it. Later I got the truck. Not bad for a kid in high school and its his first ride. That is when I also got me hooked on hot rod. I spent most of my time in the service and as a fire fighter until early retirement back in 2005. Not bad for being 52 at the time. Also did some circle track and drag racing. Now I'm just a fat old guy with a part time bike shop and work on my projects.

As for the hobby right now I have three projects that I been working on. Ist is the 1927 Ford Pickup on Modal A rails (My rat rod) Which some of you been after me to post. Second is a 1940 Ford tudor sedan that is not really a rat. Third is a 1948 F1 cab that is chopped setting on a prostreet chassis with a 12 point roll cage. I guess you can tell were i'm going with that.

As for the bikes right now I have a 2004 Sportster that is modified, a 1984 Harley Chopper, a 1979 CB400A Honda chopper (Rear Bike) and last a 1965 Triumph Tiger chopper and a barn full of parts.

My girl friend is understanding and loves going to the shows and cruzes with me. I been with her for 5 years now. She also loves spending time with me in the garage and wants a car of her own. She wants a shoebox Ford.

I have two great kids. My son is in his last year of college (WE ARE PENN STATE) and my daughter is out on her own designing coloring books. Just think 4 years of college and coloring book. She loves her job. She is also think of building a 1969 Chevelle. I guess I will be busy.

Until I get one of the projects done you can find me at the shows and cruzes in my 2003 Ford F-150 Harley Ed. or one of my bikes.

Keith

Last edited:
Another Old Rodder!

I guess compared to 5,000+ posts, I am a newbie. 65 yr old Proud American gearhead. Married, 2 grown boys, 2 grown daughters, 4 grandsons. Semi-retired (auto parts sales-2 days/week.) ...oh yeah, I have Parkinson's so can't do a lot I used to, but God still blesses EVERY DAY!....enuff 'bout me.

Daily driver; 56 F100, faded, few rusty spots, 75 350, 350, lunatti stageII, stall, 3 " dropped axle w/disc, 9" rear, Jeep booster/mstr. cyl., Toyota 4-whl drive pwr. steering box (drives sweet), EZ wire, 64 Ford str. wheel, 1967 Keystone alum. wheels, 32" shifter w/BIG SKULL, new rubber & stuff. Junkyard build with a lot of help from good friends.

Next project: 51 Ford 2 dr. Sedan, in primer, 69 Camero sub, S-10 rear, Nissan interior(decent). It has a custom frontend,.........kinda straight down with an oval opening(yuck). I plan to modify the opening to accept the 49 Merc grille I have. Also have nos 49 Merc taillites. I guess it will be a clone. Flat black, taildragger, bubble skirts, spots, lakepipes. I will post pics when I get it "unburied" from the back of the shop.....soon.

I enjoy RRR very much. Cain't make it one day without checkin' you guys out. Talk to you later.

Shakey

my name is brandon, im 21, from paso robles, ca, i have way too many projects. working on a 36 plymouth truck right now, after that is done im putting air bags and a sbc 350 w/ th350, and a 9" rear in my 53 chevy 4door

Hi.

Im rod, Im 42, love cars, Im fat and not very crafty, but I love to drive! LOL
Gettin a 54 IH 1 ton dually I want to rat out. Should be a creation, but still in the planning stages. Will post pics. Cya, RR:D

im 46 and i collect ,smith and reload for different types of firearms.
i also collect monster movies
just restored a willys jeep.
and am brand new to the rod scene.
this seems like a good place to learn.

Been trolling the site for a little while, don't post too much as I usually do not have to much to say. Still in the reading, research phase of my build, and always looking for a good starting point.

The short and skinny on me, names Pete, live in Stratford, Ontario Canada, I am a Estimator/Project Manager for a fairly small construction company, not married but might as well be we've been together almost 10 years, have a little one on the way right now it's actually due in about 2 weeks, so that should really cut down on any shop time I have for a few years.

I have been debating building something in a 4dr so it could be a family affair, but to be honest I am not keen on it, and have a feeling if I do go that route I will loose interest. So I am still looking for the right deal/car to show itself. I do have a love affair with Model A Coupes and C-dans and have always had a soft spot in my heart for Tri Five Chevies ever since I was a kid. My dad was a wanna be hot rodder but due to illness he was forced to give up his licence when I was a kid, so he never got the chance to build anything while I was around. He has always talked about the Ford Cortina he had all done up when he back in Ireland, and the '72 Roadrunner he had when he first came to Canada. Which my mom made him get rid of when my sister was born...

I have been in the offroading world the last few years, but with trail closures and having to travel farther and farther to a trail worth driving it has been getting old and expensive. Still have the Jeep for the moment, although it is up for sale just waiting for the right guy looking for a built Jeep TJ.

deathsled36

My name is Tony I am a 23 year old 1st time builder with lots to learn. i am building, from the ground up, a 36 ford p/u rat rod. I built my first complete frame and just chopped the top 5". trying to get pics up any suggestions are appreciated thanks.

Hey guys,Im Curt.Been married goin on 16 years,have two boys(oldest in drivers ed)and hoping to get rolling on my 40 dodge p/u soon.Still hunting for parts here and there and building a mini truck for the oldest.Been around old cars my whole life and had a few I wish I would have kept.Drove semies for 9 1/2 years,did a little iron work and carpentry,and now belong to the laborers union.Jack of all trades and a master at none.I have learned alot from reading posts here and enjoy the humor.Awsome group of guys(and gals!)on here.Glad to be here and hope to be able to contribute more soon!

Hi. My name is Tom. I'm 63 years old a father of 2 boys 39 and 35 and a grandfather of 2 boys 11 and 15. I restored a 57 Chevy and a 70 Z28 Camaro many years ago. Wish I still had them. I retired from NY state government as a computer tech. Now I have time on my hands to start building again. I winter in Florida and summer in Upstate NY. I plan on building a rat rod from a 35 ford truck. Have the truck lined up to buy. Right now I am researching all the options of frame, suspension, etc. Probably will be bugging you guys with some dumb questions. Hope I won't be a pain in the butt. :D

Latest posts

Back