If you have never posted.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nother shy guy

gooday my name is Bruce, am 25 yrs old,[ woops lied wife reading over shoulder] am 58 yrs. young, been a car / bike guy all my life, have classics in the shed collectin dust, built my 28 AA rat rod this last winter, an drivin the s#%it out of it. the fenders still have all the years of history attached[dents] hence the name Wrinkles. now buildin another 28, this time a rpu ratrod 255 merc. flattie. its good to have a site that doesnt thro diaper contents at you when you say ratrod . an its good to hear from other canada guys as Im in BC [central] waitin for the snow to go. talkatchoolater, Bruce

Good to have you here! I have an ex brother in law in Williams Lake, BC. Beautiful country up there. I'd love to go visit again some time.

T1

Nate here, I've posted a couple times. 62 yrs, just getting back into the rod stuff.currently building 47 diamond t tow truck on a 4x4 chassis. have a 53 New Yorker and a 49 Gmc 5 window. Fun to read the other posts. Thanks

williams lake

Good to have you here! I have an ex brother in law in Williams Lake, BC. Beautiful country up there. I'd love to go visit again some time.

T1

heck Im thru that town 4-5 times a year headin for the fraser valley an the langley show, know the place well usta stop for a cold one at THE RANCH pub cheers

Introduction - - - -

Dennis here from Salinas, CA. Greetings! Bought my first car, a 66 Mustang 4 speed 289 at 13 with paper route money. Been enjoying cars ever since. I finally realized it is better to focus on one project at a time. It's just better all the way around. My wife Pam is very understanding, but not very involved. I hope to peek her interest this new year with going to some meets etc. Hope to meet some of you soon on the road or at a location.

Currenlty working on a 28 Model A Ford.

Hello! Fellow hot rodders!

My name is Greg, I'm 42 yrs old, from Valdese N.C. It all started with my dad working on and rebuilding motorcycles back in the early 70's. My earliest memory is him giving me an old carb and the tools to tear it down. I was lucky enough to have my grandfather teach me alot about building things, inventing things. Thats who I credit for dad and myself being jacks of all trades. I've really enjoyed the other post, this was a great ideal!:)

Hi, Michael here. My long time project car is a '36 Ford five window, inspired by one my dad had back in '49. More dreaming than wrenching at the moment. As it sits the body work is complete ( sorry I had it painted a shiny color, not flat, you would all be cryin' if you saw the sweet patina it had), flathead motor is rebuilt, parts need to be put back into it so it is a car again.
Have a bunch of cars and projects but not quite enough space. My brain is full of hot rod ideas which i would like to somehow make into a business helping rodders get an down on paper so they can go from there. I also drive a '74 Dodge Dart 4 door slant six which my grandfather gave to me back in '84, daydream for this one is dual carbs, bigger exaust, 5 speed tranny, stiffer springs, dropped a little with some rake, torque thrust D's or Minilite wheels. Simple daily driver. I also have 2 cats and a dog.

I've lurked here for awhile but just never got around to posting.

I'm Larry from Fresno, Ca. I've been married for 42 years, have two kids, four grandkids and another one due anytime. I did a couple of years in the Army (Artillery. Schweinfurt,Germany, '69-'71). I'm a life long gear head and i've built a few street machines, trucks (domestic and import) a couple dune buggies and jeeps.

My current projects are a '56 Chevy more door (gotta have something to haul the grandkids around in) ex-Air Force car and a '23 T-Bucket. Plans for the '56 are gray primer, candy blue and gold 'flake top, and blue and white tuck n' roll. So far i've welded in new floor pans, installed a new gas tank and sending unit, added a Fenton header, Langdon's Holley/Weber carb, dual glass packs with pencil tips and Supremes with pinner whites. I still have to install the electronic distribuitor and a ton of other parts.

The T-Buck is an older build (built in '71) that's a little worn around the edges with way more chrome than i really wanted. It was owned by a crazy dude that drove his cars so it ain't no cherry pie. It has a 327 with a built powerglide, Corvette rear end, tunnel ram with an 800 cfm Holley, spun aluminum gas tank, Centerlines (15x5's and 15x12's) big ole MT Sportsmans and vertical steering. Right now i'm just driving it before the weather turns really bad (in this part of Cal we really do have winters with rain, fog and cold sunless days). Plans call for a rebuild next winter. So far i'm planning on powder coating the frame black, painting it flat black with red interior, painting the engine orange (still not sure why they painted the engine black. 327's should be Chevy orange), replacing the Centerlines with chrome rims (15x6's & 15x10's), replacing the gas tank with a fuel cell and building some type of pickup bed. So far i've changed out the tunnel ram for a Weiand manifold with a 600 cfm Edelbrock Performer carb, added turn signals and made some tail lights.

Now i think i'll go finish installing the electric fan and go for a ride.

Eric here and here is Franklin NC I to have been just reading the posts for a few months great site. I have a 27 ford roadster been collecting parts for about 1 1/2 years hope to get it to the roller stage by summer it will be on a 32 rail with a suicide axle and a 55 Chevy rear diff. with a A-spring.

keeping the torch alive

Hello all you rodders.Another Michael here in the Great Pacific North West.I am 58 years old have 4 adult kids and 4 grand kids.I have a t bucket i've owned sence about 1974 and rebuilt many times.It runs a 301 auto and is reliable as can be.I drive the wheels off of it when the roads are dry.i also have a very nice 1940 Ford 2dr that is pretty stock with only a couple of mods.
I'll be glad when the holidays are over and we can get on with the new year.

Howdy from Idaho my name is Gary and I also have been addicted to cars and hot rodding for as long as I can remember. I had my first wreck and got my first ticket before I even had a license.....stupid kid! One of the first cars I built was a 34 Ford 5 window coupe C/Gasser, I raced this car for several years and sold it when I got married (another stupid move). Anyway I like this site a lot and enjoy looking at the build threads and seeing all the pictures. I want to build a rat and have a lot of parts but I have limited space to do the work. Maybe someday......

not really a lurker. just new to the site. any way im Sean. im 22 years young. i live in ohio just south of cleveland and west of akron. i am an Auto Diagnostic Technician and Hybrid Terchnican by living. i work on every thing new and old. i hate new cars but some one has to do it. not married or dating. no time for all that to many cars to build first. im really into tattoos, gotta a good start on my arms. i have a pitbull and i think they are the most amazing dogs in the word. working on buying my first house this year so i will have a spot to start my shop.

lets see got into cars when i turned 16. took auto tech in high school. went to college for it at UNOH. been working at a shop since i was 17. only mechanic in my family. got really into welding and took any class i could on it. i see it as an art form for sure. my first build was a 1992 s10 that i bagged. sold it because the mini truck scene is so weak. always was in to hot rods just never thought i would find one. now i have a 29 tudor project. a 39 chevy 1/2 ton project so im set for a few years. oh and im really into straight 6's!!!!! i would love to start my own fab shop. thats about it. happy now?:D

hi im clayton.live in sw oregon.like most.a gear head.my last project a 1968 ss camaro.now working on a 54 willys .iv built a couple harleys.a 230 rear tire 114ci sportster.a softail evo motor,married coming up on 27 years this month.going to be a grandpa for the 1st time in may 2010.enjoy this site very much. my dd is a 1997 z71 truck and a 1994 peterbuilt exhd that pulls a flat bed up and down and up and down I-5.can you tell im bored with it .lol.im a owner operator.my 54 willys will be the 1st major project iv done.hoping to have it done by the summer of 2010 but money is tite more then ever so not sure if il meet that timeline or not.but having lots of fun doing it

Hi my name is Joe I'm a machinist by trade and I've been into cars nearly all of my life and haven't ever gone more than a month or so without a project to work on. I've been married to a wonderful woman for 17 years who loves cars almost as much as me, and have 4 great kids from ages 2 to 16 and there a handful but make life interesting! This is my first rat rod project though so it's gonna be fun! I'm still collecting parts and as soon as I'm finished with a friends cab I'll be starting on mine! I started with a 41 International cab, a mild 355 sbc, 4 speed manual trans, ford 9 inch rear, 4" drop ford axle, f100 brakes, 32 ford grille, and a huge stack of new iron that will eventually be turned into a frame and a box!!

Hello,
My name is Tony. Iam a machinist by trade .I have Been lurking for some time. Have alot of very good builders on here. Have learned alot. Been into cars all my life. I am building 47 dodge truck chop 3 inches with a 350, 700 r4 right now, still trying to find a bed ,running boards and back fenders for it .Not having much luck. Will post picks soon. When i figure out how. I also have other projects .I hope to start my 29 cowl next. I also have a 1948 and 51 chevy pickup and just picked up a 1960 chevy belair 2dr. Thanks for such a great sight

Latest posts

Back