IL young blood

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PORTnPOLISH

Hello everyone, I am a modaholic not looking to recover at all ;). I have built DSMs since I've had a license but on the side I've always been drooling over rat rods,rat bikes, and bobbers at shows and cruises. So I have been browsing and dreaming of ever affording some old chevy I could rat out and cruise in. Well the other day I was on craigslist browsing for a smallblock to rebuild for my 89k1500 when I ran a cross a 72 chevy 3/4 ton long bed in really nice shape for........500! Soooooo I talked him down to 300 and I'm going to get her this weekend!
I know that a 72 chevy isn't exactley the "right" era of vehicle for a rat but imo rats are not "right" any ways so I really don't care if I'm criticized or not. I have found some nice exmaples of what I'm kinda looking to do and I'm happy with the styling. I also am stoked to have a slammed long bed. It has no engine or trans so that will be on the list to get next. I am a gearhead so I really want a built v8 but inline 6 is cool as **** imo.
Pretty much imagine a 2 tone white and black truck with red pinstiped flames red steelies and white walls almost dragging tail, turn down exhaust tips kicking up dust when you fire it up. I still might actually leave the paint the way it is out of 1972 because I am very into driving time worn art.

P&P,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in!

BoB

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I thought maybe I would get the pre 65 shunning ;) .
I actually found this forum looking for alternatives to killbillet.com I was building a rat bike on there a while back and I didn't really like the forum all that much so I found this place.
Maybe someday ill be able to afford a real car to rat out instead of a 72 but I'm going to do my best to make her my own. I have a idea in mind but with me it will change as I go.

Thanks for the welcomes!
7c3fc429.jpg

That her, I think I might go with the natural paint look and just paint the top, I really don't know yet until I pick her up.

Latest posts

Back