I'm in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Hi, just found this page searching for Hot Rod pics and couldn't open half of the stuff cuz apparently You have to be logged on.

However, names Adam, been here for a while. I'm into "real" period hotrods (obviously, I wouldn't find this page if I wouldn't, would I?) and into old cars in all. Unfortunaley as I'm living in Europe, in Danmark there is not much possibilities to drive a rod how it should be (RHASNF), there are also pretty strict controlls and rules about what You can drive, what modifications You can make blah blah blah... I would like to have it propper, 50s style, 30's coupe or sedan, flathead, whitewalls, multicarbed, dropped axle, wishbones, Zed frame no ****ty airsuspension stuff, plain and simple, mexican blanket, pinup on the door, you name it...For now I have something most of You would call a "new" car...
It's a german Ford Taunus built in april 1975 and was a real barn find. An ol man used to drive this one until early 90ies and then moved it in a Barn and just left it there. I bought the car a while ago, wanted to build it like I wanted. It was all dusty and dirty but after I washed her down I found out that the car was more cherry than a prom date. Just changed fliuds, rebuild the brakes, new gaskets, cleaned the carb, new filters and so forth. It's loud as hell due to a giant hole in the exhaust but who cares... Been driving her ever since on a daily basis. Got a 1,6 litres Engine and produces some 90 bhp, which is enough to push a light car like that from zero to no license in no time...
Actually I wanted to buy a crap car of this kind (Taunus' simply rocks over here) that I would lower and paint flat green with some scallops or whatever, but i couldn't resist. It was quite cheap so I got her. I'll need a second one soon to build a custom, because this one is simply in way too good condition to wreck it. But I'll definitley keep this one. They'll have to burry me in it.
Hoping to have a hotrod before I turn 30...

Here, have fun lookin at:

taunus02.jpg

taunus03.jpg

So yeah, cheers for listening, maybe I see you some day.

Welcome aboard Zombie!

Finally another european here:) Like the Taunus, got some friends that have those also...

Only thing that i dont understand is a german license plate...whats up with that if u live in Denmark?

Hey, got german plates cuz I bought the car in Germany and I still didn't came around to register it in Danmark... As simple as that :D

The car looks like an american thing because it was designed by while Knudsen was the boss at Ford US. and he is also resonsible for all the werid nosed Fords... After this one he got fired :D

A so:)
Your car kinda reminded me of a Thomas D Taunus that Big Block Productions did for him...seen that one? One of the best Taunus I have seen.

21.JPG

15.JPG

19.JPG

Im also new, so from one to another welcome. The pic from the side resembles a 72 Comet I had back in the day, you guys got some different animals over there, cool but different. :cool:

Well. I love this thing. When I was 14 or so I was sure thet this is a real american. Thery are quite rare actually. Just 120 still driving in germany... And in Danmark? 10? :D

Latest posts

Back