i'm so excited

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willysrod

and I just can't hide it.......

so some of you might know, or might not know, 2 weeks ago I got a '28 4 door chevy body with a poop ton of parts for $300.00. I mean a poop ton. it all got dropped off at my house after a swap meet from the guys trailer and I have not really gone through everything I got. besides all the sheetmetal I got 6 plastic bins of parts (pistons, rods, dizzy's, generators, starters, chrome intake, other chrome parts, brake rods, all kinds of stock stuff I did not plan on using).

fast forward to an hour ago as I was scanning craigslist. I found a guy who says he has a '27 coupe from cowl back minus a decklid he is willing to trade me straight across. anyone out there with one reading this let me know how much. the deal should be done this weekend. I have always wanted a coupe and I am thinking of cutting the tops of the doors off along with the roof to make a roadster. fingers crossed

Last edited:
it don't matter to me. I've slways liked coupes better than 4 door sedans. and I like this coupe better knowing all I have to do is chop the top off if I don't like it and I have a roadster.

If you do trade, and decide to cut the tops of the doors, roof, and windshield frame off, I would be interested in buying them from you...

Last edited:
in order to clear up some confusion, I had a '28 CHEVROLET 4 door sedan and I traded for a '27 CHEVROLET coupe. I am missing the windshield frame, radiator grill, and rear decklid. I am not planning to use the rear window, which is missing anyway, because I am going to make this one into a roadster. I have an early ford rear end and an early ford front end that has the mechanical brake backing plates. its a start I guess. if anyone has a rear decklid for a '27 chevy coupe please get back to me.

stevescoupe003.jpg

stevescoupe004.jpg

stevescoupe005.jpg

Last edited:
Did you cut the windshield posts off, or were they already gone? I'd still be interested in the door tops, the windshield posts,(if you have them), and any roof panels, even if they are Chevy...let me know...thanks

no windshield posts ever existed since I got it. and it dosnt look like they have in a few many years. no roof sections either. the window sections might be used to wrap the rear quarters with.

Latest posts

Back