Im sure you might have seen this but, opinions?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you asked, I think it's a hideous trailer queen P.O.S. Nice fab work, but "tha" builder should stick to mini-trucks and stay as far away from old tin as possible.

We all know about opinions - that's just mine... :rolleyes:
I asked for honest opinions, I really dont not like the wheels (Im indifferent but they are growing on me) and i guess now that you say it was a mini truck guy it makes a little more sensethe fab work is awesome tho

Last edited:
I like it, the builder is on here and bone head helped with the build he fabed the tank that's under the dash...

There is also a bunch of videos of him driving it, I think Bone head has been for a ride in it too... I wouldn't call it a trailor queen...

I like it, the builder is on here and bone head helped with the build he fabed the tank that's under the dash...

There is also a bunch of videos of him driving it, I think Bone head has been for a ride in it too... I wouldn't call it a trailor queen...

Do you know what its called id like to see more of the suspension setup

So just out if curiosity, those of you that don't like it, or the wheels, why not?
I'm curious because I have 20" steelies on my rat. It won't have rubber band tires, but they aren't the typical bigs and smalls either.

I like it for the fact that he's thinking outside the box. It's certainly different and you can see where the tastes come in from a younger croud.

I kinda like the contrast of new school and oldschool/ traditional.

Really, is mini truckin all that much different then building rats? Their each a way of expressing ones self. An art form of sorts. Of course, everyone has their own taste, and I, for one, would never own a mini truck. But I can still appreciate the work involved.

So just out if curiosity, those of you that don't like it, or the wheels, why not?
I'm curious because I have 20" steelies on my rat. It won't have rubber band tires, but they aren't the typical bigs and smalls either.

I like it for the fact that he's thinking outside the box. It's certainly different and you can see where the tastes come in from a younger croud.

I kinda like the contrast of new school and oldschool/ traditional.

The whole reason I was asking is because if/when i start my build Im planning on using some mustang saleen 5 spoke rims 18x9 I think I wont go with low pro's just because the roads suck back home in michigan and I used to work at a tire shop( lo pros suck to install and they almost always scratch) Im not a fan of the rims just because of the pattern, I just like simple wheels but I do like tall wheels and i like your build as well

I'd like to run some newer rims on mine too (I know, I know) but I don't really want flashy. Just make a little difference.
These are what I'm thinking.
The Saleen wheels are nice!

931616ac.jpg

At least I'm not wanting to go with these!!! (I know their motorcycle wheels)
224a4924.jpg

I think the rims make it - really puts it on the edge. Kinda wish he wouldn't have powder coated em black, but the chrome was a little too sharp for it.

Here on Rat Rods Rule we like everything, I think.

I like the thing, even the wheels. I personally would not use those wheels or tires but they do give it an interesting feel.

The fab work is excellent and the air bag set up is well done.

At the end of the day the builder did something outside the box by fusing old with new.

I personally don't care for it, but thats why they're all different!
I don't like those type wheels on anything, and I don't really get
air bags, but hey, I'm old!! ha ha
As far as the workmanship, OUTSTANDING!!!

I like a lot of the stuff I can see, like the engine and fab work. Don't like on the wheels for the car. They'd be ok on a jacked up late model 4x4 I suppose. Also don't like on the pointless goofy danglies.
I guess my respect/opinion for the car would hinge on how much it actually gets driven. We see it get unloaded from a trailer and driven though a rest area parking lot.
Keep in mind I'm just a crotchety, cranky old fart but to me bagged cars almost seem more like they were built to be parked instead of driven, why else would you need to lay a car on the ground?
But then he is driving his car and after 7 years I still ain't so...

Latest posts

Back