Inline 6 carb setup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougnDog

Hey guys
I could use a little help :) My first time setting up 3 single carbs from scratch. I have copyed the setup from Offenhauser using some of the parts that came with the manifold. I know its not for my type of carbs (Ball & Ball) but with a little tweaking I think it will work. What do you think ?? in the picture the center arm is just a mock up of what I think I need. it is close in design to the one in the Offe installation instructions. I think that with this setup I can run them stright or progressive, tho my carbs are jeted for stright. any helpful info is welcome. It would be nice to see some pictures of linkage for multi carb setups.As always THANK YOU GUYS for being so helpful in the past and I'm sure in the future as well
Doug

Attachments

• DCP00994.JPG
    DCP00994.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 32
  • DCP00997.JPG
    DCP00997.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 28
Nice...

Nice looking setup, should be fun and looks great.
Unfortunately my linkage is on the engine side of the carbs, so
I can't be much help on this one.

Here is my set up, for what it is worth..

link1ra3.jpg

And a similar set up, a clearer image..

link2dh5.jpg

24 Dodge has a nice 3 X 1 set up on his Late Chevy 6, with similar
linkage, maybe he can help you on this one... '22

Here my set up with Rochesters. The center bell crank is a modified stock one. The cranks on the end pushes up on the carb linkage. There were parts in the kit I had no idea what they for and the instruction were not very helpful.

I've set it up progressive. The outboards start at about 1/4 throttle and only are about 1/2 to 2/3 open when at full throttle. Which might be OK. I'm going to try my outboard cranks like yours and see what that does. I'd like to get them to open faster and match the center carb at full throttle.

001-22.jpg

003-25.jpg

005-25.jpg

Last edited:
mine is non progressive and just a straight shaft mounted to some old eelco arms , I don`t think it will help much.

Attachments

• IM000894.JPG
    IM000894.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IM000895.JPG
    IM000895.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 16
Thanks guys
all of you have helped me with your replys.:D I feel better about the way I'm going with this setup. sometime I tend to over think a problem that comes along for the first time:eek: its so good to be able to bounce ideas off outher people like you guys. thanks Doug

Latest posts

Back