Intake for 305

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

over the hill

I want to put a tunnel ram on my 305 automatic chevy. Mostly for the look. what size carbs will I need to keep it streetable? I also have a warmed up stroker 383 on the stand but I dont want to use it unless I have to. Will the 305 handle a 2x4 tunnel ram? I need some help from you guys. Thanks, It will go in my 39 chevy pick up Rat rod

We sometimes do things for looks as much as we do for function.......I get that, and do it myself sometimes. To answer your question, a 305 will fall on it's face pretty badly with a tunnel ram, compared to a single 4 barrel. I know someone will post that they have one and it runs like gangbusters, but generally tunnel rams are not the sweet setup for the street.

If you do it, pick the smallest 4 barrels you can find, like 390 CFM. Now that I have said that, I am the same guy who is running two 600 cfm Edelbrocks on a 331 Ford. :eek: But sometimes it is better to look good than to feel good. :D

Don

I've used a pair of holley 390 cfm carbs and jetted them small. They worked out well on my 327. a good basic rule of thumb to figure carb requirements is 2 cfm per cubic inch of motor. so 305 X 2 =610 cfm. roughly. or you could just run a pair of 2bbl's like suggested on the tunnel ram. it would look close to the same...

tunnel ram

:cool::Ran this on my 327 with no problem and engine was bone stock,no mieage but would scream.up for grabs for $550 complete carbs and linkage.:cool:Edelbrock TR1Y tunnel-ram 2-Holly 600 carb with linkage.this is the older tunnel-ram with the oil fill tube.:cool:

i'm looking for two holley's 350 cfm two barrle carbs for my tun. ram intake, there is alot of parts to tune these carbs to make it run good, and you should be able to make it work for you.. best of luck.

Latest posts

Back