Interesting Read

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's cool about those pictures are how happy and proud those guys were of their cars.

Amen to that Gastrick. There was a pride in doing something with your own two hands, and America has lost some of that backyard, Father and Son, or buddys doing things together, knowhow.

Everytime we would do some simple little thing to our cars, our buddys would come over and marvel at it. It didn't have to be all polished and all, just cool. I think we have gotten all too serious about stuff anymore, this hobby is supposed to be fun.

Don

I also have many photos that Don and Gastrick have from the 50's to the 60's Back in those days my dad was just out of the Military didnt have much money and still built Willys Gassers and still supported his Family.

Till this day,I still dont know how how he did it.
Only if I had a Good Scanner I would post them also.

rattuck59.jpg

this is a great place for that very reason, it shouldn't matter what you drive if you do it yourself. Most guys these days just want to be ballers though, my only consolence when i see their cars is knowing that they owe on their cars what i owe on my house. I'd much rather see something back yard engineered then store bought personally. So much so that I scour the internet to see whats already been done so I don't copy anyone. I've had to eliminate several cool mods i've already seen on other trucks like mine :( . Oh well, i've still got a couple stored away.

I don't have a scanner right now to post more but I did find one pic of my dad and a 40 Ford on my computer. This thing is no show car, in fact it would probably be called a rat rod today. My dad said it was fast for it's day and he just wanted to go fast, couldn't afford the shiny stuff at the time.
He and his cousin (in background) bought the car together and raced it around.

Latest posts

Back