interesting !! taxes!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
i read this and found it interesting, take a minute and check it out!!

History of the Income Tax in the United States
Source: Tax Foundation.
The nation had few taxes in its early history. From 1791 to 1802, the United States government was supported by internal taxes on distilled spirits, carriages, refined sugar, tobacco and snuff, property sold at auction, corporate bonds, and slaves. The high cost of the War of 1812 brought about the nation's first sales taxes on gold, silverware, jewelry, and watches. In 1817, however, Congress did away with all internal taxes, relying on tariffs on imported goods to provide sufficient funds for running the government.

In 1862, in order to support the Civil War effort, Congress enacted the nation's first income tax law. It was a forerunner of our modern income tax in that it was based on the principles of graduated, or progressive, taxation and of withholding income at the source. During the Civil War, a person earning from $600 to $10,000 per year paid tax at the rate of 3%. Those with incomes of more than $10,000 paid taxes at a higher rate. Additional sales and excise taxes were added, and an “inheritance” tax also made its debut. In 1866, internal revenue collections reached their highest point in the nation's 90-year history—more than $310 million, an amount not reached again until 1911.

The Act of 1862 established the office of Commissioner of Internal Revenue. The Commissioner was given the power to assess, levy, and collect taxes, and the right to enforce the tax laws through seizure of property and income and through prosecution. The powers and authority remain very much the same today.

In 1868, Congress again focused its taxation efforts on tobacco and distilled spirits and eliminated the income tax in 1872. It had a short-lived revival in 1894 and 1895. In the latter year, the U.S. Supreme Court decided that the income tax was unconstitutional because it was not apportioned among the states in conformity with the Constitution.

In 1913, the 16th Amendment to the Constitution made the income tax a permanent fixture in the U.S. tax system. The amendment gave Congress legal authority to tax income and resulted in a revenue law that taxed incomes of both individuals and corporations. In fiscal year 1918, annual internal revenue collections for the first time passed the billion-dollar mark, rising to $5.4 billion by 1920. With the advent of World War II, employment increased, as did tax collections—to $7.3 billion. The withholding tax on wages was introduced in 1943 and was instrumental in increasing the number of taxpayers to 60 million and tax collections to $43 billion by 1945.

In 1981, Congress enacted the largest tax cut in U.S. history, approximately $750 billion over six years. The tax reduction, however, was partially offset by two tax acts, in 1982 and 1984, that attempted to raise approximately $265 billion.

On Oct. 22, 1986, President Reagan signed into law the Tax Reform Act of 1986, one of the most far-reaching reforms of the United States tax system since the adoption of the income tax. The top tax rate on individual income was lowered from 50% to 28%, the lowest it had been since 1916. Tax preferences were eliminated to make up most of the revenue. In an attempt to remain revenue neutral, the act called for a $120 billion increase in business taxation and a corresponding decrease in individual taxation over a five-year period.

Following what seemed to be a yearly tradition of new tax acts that began in 1986, the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1990 was signed into law on Nov. 5, 1990. As with the '87, '88, and '89 acts, the 1990 act, while providing a number of substantive provisions, was small in comparison with the 1986 act. The emphasis of the 1990 act was increased taxes on the wealthy.

On Aug. 10, 1993, President Clinton signed the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993 into law. The act's purpose was to reduce by approximately $496 billion the federal deficit that would otherwise accumulate in fiscal years 1994 through 1998. In 1997, Clinton signed another tax act. The act, which cut taxes by $152 billion, included a cut in capital-gains tax for individuals, a $500 per child tax credit, and tax incentives for education.

President George W. Bush signed a series of tax cuts into law. The largest was the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001. It was estimated to save taxpayers $1.3 trillion over ten years, making it the third largest tax cut since World War II. The Bush tax cut created a new lowest rate, 10% for the first several thousand dollars earned. It also established a slow schedule of incremental tax cuts that would eventually double the child tax credit from $500 to $1,000, adjust brackets so that middle-income couples owed the same tax as comparable singles, cut the top four tax rates (28% to 25%; 31% to 28%; 36% to 33%; and 39.6% to 35%).

The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief and Reconciliation Act of 2003 accelerated the tax rate cuts that had been enacted in 2001, and temporarily reduced the tax rate on capital gains and dividends to 15%. In 2004, the U.S. was forced to eliminate a corporate tax provision that had been ruled illegal by the World Trade Organization. Along with that tax hike, Congress passed a cornucopia of tax breaks, which for individuals included an option to deduct the payment of whichever state taxes were higher, sales or income taxes.

Two tax bills signed in 2005 and 2006 extended through 2010 the favorable rates on capital gains and dividends that had been enacted in 2003, raised the exemption levels for the Alternative Minimum Tax, and enacted new tax incentives designed to persuade individuals to save more for retirement.

Read more: History of the Income Tax in the United States — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html#ixzz1j85keJSK

Good post Rev.
I really thought they were just squandering the money we paid in as taxes :(
Soooo, do I have to pay taxes this year or not :confused: :D

i thought it was funny, that many years the fed survived and there was no fed income tax! they did it more than once , why cant they do it again!

It's it amazing that some of this stuff is so

simple and yet nothing is done..... nice post...lots of thinking material....
by the way....you and torchman in competition on who can do the longest single post before timing out????lol

simple and yet nothing is done..... nice post...lots of thinking material....
by the way....you and torchman in competition on who can do the longest single post before timing out????lol

Ron Paul 2012!
I've been paying close attention to this race i get about 8-10 hours of news and jams a day from the XM sat radio and i hit all the talk shows
everyone keeps making out like this election is about attacking Iran, legalizing drugs, or ending abortion. there are other Libertarian Ideals they point out as "risky" or "wierd" like freedom and prosperity but what they refuse to talk about is what this election is really all about.
There is one guy promising to gut 1/15th of the federal government his first year, end the fed by first allowing competing currencies and a return to sound money policies then once we are stable without need for the fed, kill it. End the income tax (states can still tax goods and property thereby preventing gentrification)
He wants to remove the "national debt" burden from the backs of the people (not my debt movement aka Iceland) and return it to the fed before he axes it.

The game they have played last few elections in the primaries are that Iowa New hamshire and South Carolina are not to pick a winner but dry up support for candidates the establishment does not favor.
They pump their champion in the press make it look tight then make him look like a big winner while makign the others look like a waste of money. the effect is those who like to ride along with a winner go along with the winner they were sold not the winner they could have chosen. The first 3 states in the primaries are a marketing ploy which is why they say it's so hype to do well. if you can do well you can beat the establishment and appear the up and coming under dog... or the establishment wins through marketing.

What is going on right now in the Republican primaries is we have Mitt Romney the establishment's candidate versus Ron Paul the libertarian, the people's choice.
Romney is pulling roughly 20-30% of the republican vote. Ron Paul is a very close 2nd behind him in the polls.
Here is where the game plays out...If Romney is pulling 30% then 70% of the vote is "anyone but Romney".
hardcore Ron Paul supporters represent 20% of total republican votes but there are an additional 50% of the total that is being distributed between Santorum, Gingritch, and Huntsman. If the voters for these 3 remained anti Romney and voted paul RP would be polling at 60%.

This is how they got McClain nominated event hough he was not very popular. water down support for the stronger candidates.

The pollsters say RP polls close to 20 points behind Romney... but that's not entirely true, ballots have been dissappeared... the media has an agenda and the republican party has an agenda.
The party is dominated by pro war big government neo-cons and wants their hand picked ceo to implement their agenda.
The Media still adores Barak Obumbles and wants the republicans to nominate a candidate Obumbles can beat.... Just like last election when they brought in all the fringe republicans and talk show personalities to water down the field and get the old glue horse Mcain nominated.
Mcain never stood a chance against Obama or Hillary. RP would have smoked them both

The way this election polls out:
According to the republican polls Romney beats RP by 10%-20% among republicans
According to non partisan polls which include democrats and independents Obama beats Romney by over 10% and RP beats Obama by more than 10%
So Ron Paul beats Obama and Obama beats Romney but the neo-cons running the republican party and the press are both telling us all that RP is un-electable and Romney can take Obama.
RP is the people's choice and the mainstream press and the big government leadership of both parties are trying to convince us to pick the choice they have selected for us.

What makes this election pivotal is RP has over 20 years in government. it's his last run for the whitehouse and we don't have anyone with anything close to his credibility and know how to take up the libertarian mantle and run as successful an administration.
It's going to be a long time before we get another constitutional champion with the ability to enact the broad sweeping reforms needed to restore the government to it's reservation. Like he said Even if I win the election I can't do it on my own, the people have to want it bad enough
The question who to vote for becomes much more clear if you know who we used to be and if you can tell the difference between a leader and a boss
Who we were and how bad and far off the reservation things have gotten is a library of discussion in itself but the difference between a boss and a leader is simple.

1) A Leader learns what the people want and finds a way for the people to achieve it.

2) A boss imposes the agenda of his superiors upon his subordinates. His job is to either make you want to work for and achieve the agenda of the boss' superiors for the benefit of the boss' superiors... or to get rid of you or get you out of the way

A leader cares about you and the future and isn't in it for the money, a Boss cares about his paycheck.

It's a simple decision for me.

I predict this. If Romney becomes the nominee he isn't going to beat Obumbles unless he brings RP on as VP or secretary of state. I don't see that happening as Romney's handlers are so dead set against the libertarian agenda.
So... I'm pretty sure if we don't get to run RP as our candidate it's going to be 4 more years of this crud.
I'm almost tempted to vote Oboobers if RP doesn't win just because the establishment republicans didn't learn the lesson last election and I'm still pretty ****ed off John Boehner said "were going to subvert this tea party movement...use them to get elected but divide them up and not let them gather any real power" then the establishment republicans went on to start up and fund phoney tea party associations.

Yeah...definitely... this time I'm either voting for the constitution or I'm voting obama just to sink this ship and get the rats off

Last edited:
PS Santorum and Huntsman both failed to get on the ballots in several states. Gingritch failed to get on the ballot in New Hampshire. I'm pretty sure Santorum and Huntsman are going to remain in the race despite they have no possible chance of winning at least long enough for Romney to beat Paul in a few winner takes all states.

Romney and Paul are the only 2 candidates with the money and the base to fight a nationwide campaign in every state. I hope people see the spoilers for who they are this time around or it's gonna be just like the last fail.
I do not dislike Romney. He seems like a really nice man but i'm pretty certain he isn't going to change too much as far as getting us back on the reservation.

I got into a conversation on the net when Israel was retaliating against Hamas in lebanon for kidnapping their sailors. The conversation started with "look at what the jews are doing to those innocent civillians"
My comment was "there are no innocent civilians here...they let Hamas set up shop in their neighborhoods and live with them for years"

I got called a Muslim hater but he was somewhat willing to listen and I got to finish my point with the Lebanese man.
My point was not that it was good to bomb civilians even if not innocent
My point was that citizens are the first line of defence against tyranny and institutional evil.
When citizens promote evil or fail to prevent their leaders from doing evil to such a degree that it becomes impossible for other nations to tolerate them... it has always been the citizens who are held ultimately responsible, not just the leaders.

I said if Americans continue to allow our government to engage in nation building and imperialism that eventually other governments will gather against us and we the civilians will be targeted.

A young idealistic fella said he found it inconceivable that citizens would or should ever be held accountable for the actions of their government. I asked him what nationality he was and he replied "German".

Hav eyou wondered what they are doing with all this income tax money if they used to pay the bills with so much less?

A really good reason for ending the fed and doing away with the income tax is because they are the engine of America's foreign wars, Imperialism, and nation building.
Doing away with just these 2 would put a major dent in the globalist's world agenda.

American Imperialism and nation building isn't for the benefit of us, it's for the benefit of the global elites and their corporations. Like they the uber wealthy globalist head of the cia said in the movie The Good Shepherd ...
"This is our country and you people are just visiting"
He didn't mean it was each Individual American's county. He meant it was the elite's country. They want us silent or they want us gone.

This is how they can justify in their heads laundering billions of dollars in drug money across the border, smuggling drugs, doing assassinations etc... while keeping up the illusion of the moral high ground throwing us in jail for smoking the wrong kind of cigarette.

Perspective:
This election isn't about legalizing pot or outlawing abortion it's about getting rid of the fed and the income tax. getting the banksters off the backs and out of the pockets of Americans and saving the nation from making one too many a critical and huge mistake in someone else's turf.

If you control the dialogue you control the agenda. RP has demonstrated an ability to control the dialog and the time for these ideas is now not tomorrow

Not to beat a dead horse....

I don't totally disagree with what you've stated....but ultimately, unless the american people as a whole, are willing to truly get involved in turning this stuff around, big business and the political mainstream is going to dictate what happens....I don't believe that RP, MR or any of the politicians that are either in office or running for office can or will truly make the changes that they ALWAYS imply but never get done....by getting involved I mean it is going to take a major "situation" to have an affect on any of this crap....a single politician is not going to do it....so voting for or not voting for one particular candidate is not the cure....as soon as this "politician" gets into office it will be a battle of control which is not going to change....each side will blame the other while nothing changes.....just like it has for many years....by major situation I refer to a social and civil outcry that cannot be ignored by the political regiem....we've been bullied around by politicians so long and allowed them to slowly but surely strip the american people of their abilities to have any control of what our government does....I certainly would not like to see civil unrest or rebellion but in my opinion....it will take something very extreme for them to finally do what needs to be done....unforturnately, you won't get the majority to step up and take a stand....it's easier to complain and lie low and let them run this country into the ground.....JMHO....

there's a lot of truth in that. The people have to want it bad enough to not swallow anything else. I feel ripped off.
I grew up looking at what the founders started here, saw what it was turned into, how the Indians were treated. I figured we'd be next. many of the exucses were "It has to be this way or the commies..."
We knew the hippies meant well but were idiots. we didn't want to live in communes or in the earth hugging stone age we wanted buck rodgers, we wanted star wars, star trek, we wanted to be the ones to take the next leap in the advance of our species.
Think about it is man realy a curse on the planet? in some ways damage has been done but what about thinkign man? enlightened man? for the possibly first time in it's life nature has nursed along one of it's critters to the level of advancement such that nature could know itself and even spread life beyond earth itself.
looking out to cold dead space, and looking back at everything since the first spark of life animated that has brought life to this point... do we end it all in a war... or do we carry on with the duty what life itself has entrusted us with?
As far as we know life is not spontaneous. life only comes from life but there is no limit to how much or how far life can spread. Sure life feeds on life, there is a chain... But the purpose of life is to live and let live as much as it can and we don't all grasp that.
There is something that just wants to kill everything and end all life. some sort of sickness. not kill to live but to kill with the end of life as the sole object of it's desire. It's insane.
Anyway...
Then the Berlin wall came down when I was a senior in high school. I remember talking with friends about how cool it was going to be not having to front off against the Russians anymore, the Russians and the Chinese were and still are "friends" we figured they'd pull us out of Germany and eventually Korea and other places and we could focus our energies and finance on developing outer space, having university available for everyone that wants it like k-12, anyone that wanted to could be whatever he wanted to study at without having to consume a life to better a life... we were going to work on building better and cleaner cities, fund more research and make the discoveries available for all scientists not just clearanced elites. The internet was opened up to the public, Racism was becoming a thing of the past and we saw a bright and golden day just on the edge of tomorrow.
Instead of going down the path of light they found more boogiemen as excuses to maintain their power, market cap, and corporate influence. guys like Jessie Jackson didn't step down from the podium and a movement to be free became a movement to enslave. we have people in high places who never grew with the times taking actions appropriate for a time that has passed with the result of ruining the future.

I'm tired of being a slave. I'm tired of people thinking they own me or that it's their place to run my life, decide what level of health care I should be entitled to regardless of if I can afford better, Im tired of being told you can do anythign you want to do as long as you do it like these rich people can afford to do.
I didn't want to waste my life just trying to stay alive in a system of corruption stacked against me.
The puritan work ethic economists uphold as an American virtue is not the work hard and survive enough to live another day to do it again of modern employers. The puritan work ethic is work hard and prosper. I don't like the taxes and regulations stacked against me to protect market cap for the publicly traded corporations. I don't want a job I want the fair and level battlefield, the universal standards and equal protection the law is supposed to provide. Instead the government holds me down while the corrupt stick it to me.
I'm not supposed to be living in a country where a good an honest man has to watch his every p and q and keep one eye over his shoulder for a multitude of cops of increasing variety. I can see the path this is all on and it is evil. somebody has to be willing to say no were not gonna go down that road.

I might have some events out of order, forgive me it's been 20 years since I researched this...

One of the reasons for implementing the income tax was the original jurisdiction US government was bankrupt. New fiat currency was to be printed up by the us treasury and ditributed by the privately owned central bank backed by nothing.
The bank started out with a checkbook and an empty vault.
The bank had to secure no equity for the creation of this money but this money would infused into the economy by being lent to the US government and to other banks at the prime rate.
Remember the bankrupt original jurisdiction US government had been dissolved and a new government incorporated under admiralty was created? The US was now in receivership to the private bank through the bankruptcy of 1913. can you see what property the central bank held to back the notes? America is what they held as collateral.
The full faith and credit of the United States means that the citizens were no longer free and rendered chattel property as collateral against the debt to the central bank
This is the justification for the 16th amendment and the reason the income tax was created...to pay off bank, not to provide for the welfare and business of the country. To this day most income generated from income taxes still goes directly to the private central bank.
The law of the land was once "of the land" and applied to the land and what took place within the jurisdiction.
It did not apply directly to the man as a lawful man was free from the rule of law and under it's protection.

The US federal and state governments originally were not corporations. the US and the state constitutions were the de-facto articles of incorporation.
The constitution being the highest law of the land provides no process for federal and state government to incorporate under other law.
The US government was driven into bankruptcy by fraud and corruption and crooked politicians took a bailout from the private bank that bankrupted the treasury.

They incorporated the US federal and State governments extra-jurisdictionally to the constitution which is why they are telling the truth when they say the constitution doesn't apply unless they chose to invoke it.
The 16 amendment was ruled by the supreme court to extend to the government no new powers of taxation it did not already posses prior to the amendment. Citizens were refusing to pay the taxes en masse. The government staged high profile cases against tax evaders who won their cases in court subsequent to the supreme court ruling the 16th amendment did not create any new power to tax. disregarding the cases won the media was employed to print false stories scaring the people into paying the income tax.
Because of the questionable precedence upheld that when the government continues to do something illegal and it isn't challenged it becomes legal, what once was farce has become law beyond the power of the citizen to challenge and would now take an act of law to undue

The war powers were rewritten removing the clause "with the exception of US citizens and their property" anywhere it was mentioned how the presidential war powers would be applied against enemies of the state.
This was a landmark placing the us citizen on the same legal standing as an enemy of the state under national emergency.
Then a "war on poverty" was declared. i was taught it was a frivolous thing said to make the people feel better. It legally was invoking the presidential war powers.
The president used these war powers to declare a bank holiday. outlaw the private ownership of gold and steal all the privately owned gold bullion held in reserve at the banks and in safety deposit.
This gold was then turned over to the private central bank.
The income tax was created making the citizen the collateral for the phoney baloney paper money.
Notes must be backed by some form of equity to be legal
These notes are by law Legal Tender which means you are forced to accept them in lieu of real money and may only pay official debts in them.

The US legal system, is all a big machine to enrich the "made men" on the backs of the ordinary citizen.
The libertarians don't want to fundamentally transform America we want to fundamentally restore America where it was good and leave alone what was bad and get back to a fair and level playing field and universal standards and equal protection.
I could argue that there is one comparison which sums up the nature of the corruption or if you de-evolution of America.

We threw off our king and accepted no other.

We created a form of government bound by the law while reserving sovereignty and all authority to the individual. Our government has no authority, Citizens are the authors here.
Our government has limited power to exercise our authority and if the fed fails to exercise this power, or violates the charter, or attempts to delegate the power...The power falls to the states and then ultimately reverts to individuals should the states fail or violate the charter.
These powers can only be exercised or surrendered they cannot be delegated.
The federal state and local governments under the constitution have no Authority to Author law beyond the constitutional establishments.
They can't write themselves off the res
The 10th amendment outlines the due process.

I can sum it up in this one statement
For thousands of years perhaps since the very first government the law has always protected government and ruled over individuals

In America our law rules over the government and protects individuals. This relationship between individual and government here is the inverse of the relationship in the rest of the world.
American Law is by it's nature incompatible with the laws of other nations and any extra-constitutional incorporation of government is beyond the authority granted to government of the people.

Restoration isn't about being wierdo's
It isn't about getting away with anything
or getting away from your responsibilities and duty
It isn't about getting privileged or getting over on the rest of the people
It isn't about being impractical
It's about returning the government to the reservation and getting it back under the rule of law because we have a duty to do so sealed with blood.
If the government doesn't have to abide in the law then neither will the people and there will be no peace to keep.

American Law and justice isn't complicated. It's a simple blueprint. Ingenious and if you will inspired of providence.
the subversion and decline of our law IS complicated and so therefore is the restoration process.

I'm writing a book here, sorry.
These things are at a tipping point and it consumes me.

Tman.....you should write a book...

I'm writing a book here, sorry.
These things are at a tipping point and it consumes me.

It should be easy...it's how it was designed...problem is they (politicians) keep adding or reading into it....and it happens year after year, election after election....like I said, the american people have been too complacent, too long and got lazy...want everything done for them...mark my words, there will be change...someday...just not sure it will be in my lifetime....but if the Mayans are right....after Dec 21st...we'll just be a memory....

Latest posts

Back